How do import .xml into Trados 7 (error message)?
Thread poster: lamiayehia

lamiayehia  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 21:59
French to Arabic
+ ...
Jan 26, 2009

Hi,
I am new to both Trados and Multiterm.
I had Trados 6.5 and Multiterm 7.
I have a long 3-column Excel sheet containing (the English acronym + English term + Arabic corresponding traslation). After I went trough all the forums, all I could really grab was how to convert a 2-column glossary with Trados convert. So I excluded the Acronyms (but if anyone can tell me how exactly i could keep them, I'd be very thankful). The end result was a .xml file.
So I go to Trados 6.5 workbench then OPTIONS > TERM RECOGNITION OPTIONS > pick MULTITERM 7 then BROWSE... local termbases > pick my termbase > but I get an error message: MUTITERM 7 CANNOT CREATE: THE SELECTED TERM INFORMATION PROVIDER RETURNED THE FOLLOWING ERROR: (-2147467261)NULL)
So I try to pick Multiterm 5 instead... Another problem shows up; it only accepts .mtw files (???).
So I upgraded my Trados 6.5 to the 7 version. The issue remains.

Please heeeeeeeeeeelp!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Just use this tutorial Jan 26, 2009

you can download it here.
In short: after you converted your Excel sheet to xml you have to create a new termbase in Multiterm, fill it with your xml file and first then open in Workbench.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Invalid characters Jan 26, 2009

Check if the name of your MT7 termbase contains any of the "=/\" characters. If it does, rename it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do import .xml into Trados 7 (error message)?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search