Caro Maucher
Caro Maucher  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:51
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
Jan 26, 2009

For the last 10 days or so, when working with Trados in Word, I've repeatedly been getting this Microsoft Visual Basic message:

Run-time error '-2147221038 (800401d2)':
DataObject: PutInClipboard SetClipboard fehlgeschlagen

(I've inserted a space in line 2 between the ':' and the 'P' so as to avoid getting a smiley!)

I have to click on 'End' and then I can continue working, but it's really happening quite often and it's getting on my nerves. The butto
... See more
For the last 10 days or so, when working with Trados in Word, I've repeatedly been getting this Microsoft Visual Basic message:

Run-time error '-2147221038 (800401d2)':
DataObject: PutInClipboard SetClipboard fehlgeschlagen

(I've inserted a space in line 2 between the ':' and the 'P' so as to avoid getting a smiley!)

I have to click on 'End' and then I can continue working, but it's really happening quite often and it's getting on my nerves. The buttons 'Continue' and 'Debug' in this message are greyed out, and clicking on 'Help' only gives an empty Help window.
This sometimes happens when I copy the source text into the target segment, and sometimes when Trados automatically inserts a 100% match. Also sometimes when I close and save a segment and open the next one with no automatic insertion. And sometimes when I close without saving. Maybe other occasions too, I'm not quite sure. (I'm adding these one by one right now as they pop up).

I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2003 (11.8227.8202) SP3 and Trados 8.2.0.835 (Build 835).

I'm not aware of having changed anything when this started, but who knows?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

[Edited at 2009-01-26 14:17 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-01-26 15:35 GMT]
Collapse

K. Schikora
K. Schikora
Germany
Dutch to German
+ ...
Lösung? May 13, 2010

Hallo Caro,

hast du die Lösung gefunden? Habe das gleiche Problem.
Liebe Grüße,
Kandea

Caro Maucher
Caro Maucher  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
äh... May 13, 2010

Ehrlich gesagt, weiß ich gerade nicht mehr genau... Ich hatte das Problem schon länger nicht mehr, habe aber inzwischen upgegraded. Ich glaube, wenn es zu sehr genervt hat, hab ich Word neu gestartet. Oder eine Weile in TagEditor gearbeitet. Alles eher unbefriedigend...
Falls mir doch noch was einfällt, meld ich mich!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Run-time error... DataObject:PutInClipboard SetClipboard fehlgeschlagen

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »