Els Peleman  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 23:11
Member (2006)
French to Flemish
+ ...
Jan 27, 2009

Hi,

is there any possibilty to open the TXML-documents frpù Wordfast in TagEditor,in a way that only the essential tags are appearing? This means, with a special XML-setting wizzard?

Or is Wordfast Pro 6 only still compatible for exchanging TM's with Trados?

Before we could work in Wordfast-document in Word-format and clean them ourselves, but it looks that this possiblity doesn't work anymore, or am I wrong?

Regards
PeleP

Direct link Reply with quote

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 00:11
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
translating TXML files with other CAT tools Jan 27, 2009

I didn't test it with Trados, but Deja Vu X can handle Wordfast Pro's (AKA Wordfast 6) TXML format. You can use PrepTags, a wonderful program created by Galibert Sylvain, to prepare TXML files for translation in TagEditor. In Deja Vu X it is much more easier, you only need to create a custom filter file to translate TXML files.

HTH

Selcuk

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Swordfish can open them Jan 28, 2009

PeleP wrote:

Hi,

is there any possibilty to open the TXML-documents frpù Wordfast in TagEditor,in a way that only the essential tags are appearing? This means, with a special XML-setting wizzard?

Before we could work in Wordfast-document in Word-format and clean them ourselves, but it looks that this possiblity doesn't work anymore, or am I wrong?

Regards
PeleP

As far as I know, Swordfish can handle TXML files.

It might be possible in TagEditor, if you know how to write your ini file for this format.

HTH

Piotr

kimjasper  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2006)
English to Danish
+ ...
PrepTags Jan 28, 2009

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

I didn't test it with Trados, but Deja Vu X can handle Wordfast Pro's (AKA Wordfast 6) TXML format. You can use PrepTags, a wonderful program created by Galibert Sylvain, to prepare TXML files for translation in TagEditor. In Deja Vu X it is much more easier, you only need to create a custom filter file to translate TXML files.

HTH

Selcuk

That sounds very interesting. I wonder whether you could explain where to get the program and how to use it? - I did not find references to it on M Galiberts web site, and it seems that he working more on getting stuff from Trados into Wordfast and not the reverse.

Kim

Belgium
Member (2006)
French to Flemish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yep, I know... Jan 28, 2009

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

PeleP wrote:

Hi,

Regards
PeleP

As far as I know, Swordfish can handle TXML files.

It might be possible in TagEditor, if you know how to write your ini file for this format.

HTH

Piotr

I know, i have tried to write that ini-file but that is not my piece of cake. I hoped someone else has more experience with it and can give me his file...

Belgium
Member (2006)
French to Flemish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More information about it? Jan 28, 2009

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

HTH

Selcuk

Where i can find this program? I see, i am not the only person interested in it...

Turkey
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Re: PrepTags Jan 28, 2009

You can find detailed information here:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/wordfast/message/64359

kimjasper  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2006)
English to Danish
+ ...
Wordfast group on Yahoo Jan 29, 2009

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

I have joined the group and moderator approval is pending. I do not know when that will happen. I wonder whether you could copy some of the key info into this string - like what the program does and where you can get it? - that would be very helpful!

Kim

Turkey
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
PrepTags Jan 29, 2009

kimjasper wrote:

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

I have joined the group and moderator approval is pending. I do not know when that will happen. I wonder whether you could copy some of the key info into this string - like what the program does and where you can get it? - that would be very helpful!

Kim

Hi Kim,

This is the link for PrepTags
http://www.your-translations.com/PrepTags/

Belgium
Member (2006)
French to Flemish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry not used to work with editing Tags :( Feb 2, 2009

Sorry but i have never worked with Tags. Is there anyone who can give me his Taglist or tell me exactly what i have to do for preparing an TXML-file (wordfast Pro6) into a Tag-Editor file for Trados?

I have tried to do it with that Prep Tags but like I said, i don't know how tags working so i don't know what to do with it.

I've someone can provide me the ini-file for Trados, that's even better, but i suppose than you will have to be a real expert...

Regards

Els

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
PrepTags Feb 2, 2009

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

kimjasper wrote:

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Kim

Hi Kim,

This is the link for PrepTags
http://www.your-translations.com/PrepTags/

Hi Selcuk,
thanks for providing the link. I've tested the program and it works quite well, except for one thing: it seems to have problems with CE characters, such as š, č, ř etc. Any settings to get this fixed? Thank you.

Turkey
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
PrepTags and CE characters Feb 2, 2009

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:
Hi Selcuk,
thanks for providing the link. I've tested the program and it works quite well, except for one thing: it seems to have problems with CE characters, such as š, č, ř etc. Any settings to get this fixed? Thank you.

It is better to ask it to Galibert Sylvain. As a user of Deja Vu I don't need external tools, so I don't have any idea regarding your question.

Selcuk Akyuz

sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:11
English to French
PrepTags production status Mar 9, 2009

First I want to thank you all for your interest in PrepTags and your kind words.

The reason why it is so difficult to find is because it is not actually "released" yet.

Having mentioned several times on Wordfast's list that I was working on some kind of universal tagging software, I decided to upload a very early beta version informally, thinking I was very close to the actual release.

Unfortunately, I ended up getting a lot of translation work and I had to put PrepTags on hold for a few months.

I recently resumed working on PrepTags and there have been quite a few bug fixes and improvements. I am now fixing my website to allow for a more formal release and I hope I will be able to announce the actual release soon.

In the mean time, you may be interested to know that I have made a small video demonstration to present PrepTags. (www.your-translations.com/PrepTags)

...it seems that he working more on getting stuff from Trados into Wordfast and not the reverse.

That's kind of true in general, since Wordfast is my CAT of choice, but PrepTags is pretty democratic. It accepts all kinds of text based files like XML, PHP, ASP... (they don't even need to be valid, which is a huge advantage over several other solutions) and converts them into tagged RTF files. From there, you can work with any CAT tool with support for tagged RTF. That includes Trados, MemoQ and probably several others.

That beta version can't handle these characters. I had made a quick and dirty

I have fixed the problem in later versions (Yeah, I know, it sounds silly, but I have already done something like 20 different versions since I uploaded the file).

The current version of PrepTags seems to be able to handle pretty much all the languages I have thrown at it (Chinese, Russian, Arabic...), so just wait for the actual release and you will have no problems with these characters (crossing fingers).

Is there anyone who can give me his Taglist or tell me exactly what i have to do for preparing an TXML-file (wordfast Pro6) into a Tag-Editor file for Trados?

This is a little more challenging than it seems. If the TXML file is pretranslated, you are fine, otherwise, you will need have to wait the release of PrepTags Version 1.

All right. I think this answers most of the questions here. I will let you know as soon as it is ready to go live.

In the mean time, if you are using the current version and notice bugs or problems or features that you need, feel free to contact me. I am trying to make this as useful as possible, so I am interested in your feedback. Don't forget to use F1 for help. I like to think it's pretty good and it should help you to get started.

Belgium
Member (2006)
French to Flemish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks for your information Mar 13, 2009

Hi Sylver,

that sounds all very interesting and as far as i understand, your latest version can already make of an TXML-file an XML-file for Trados, am I right? I have tried it, but because i am not an engineer at all, it didn't work out like i aspected.

Is it possible, that i'll send you a TXML-file and that you provide me the tags settings I need for working with this kind of files in Trados?

The way we work usually is:
our translators works with Trados (or sometimes Wordfast) and we provide them a pretranslated Word-file (worked out great for Wordfast the old version), a pretranslated TTX.

Because one of our favorite translators now have Wordfast Pro6, we have sent her an export of our TM, but she provide us an TXML-file i couldn't open or edit in Trados.

If i'll send you an example of a file of her, can you look than (quickly) if it worked out fine and tell me what i have to do in the future so that i still can collaborate with her the way we were used to (editing/reviewing her translations instead importing her TM which might be not 100% correct).

Many many thanks in advance.

Regards
PeleP

sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:11
English to French
PrepTags and TXML... Mar 13, 2009

PeleP wrote:

Hi Sylver,

that sounds all very interesting and as far as i understand, your latest version can already make of an TXML-file an XML-file for Trados, am I right? I have tried it, but because i am not an engineer at all, it didn't work out like i aspected.

Is it possible, that i'll send you a TXML-file and that you provide me the tags settings I need for working with this kind of files in Trados?

The way we work usually is:
our translators works with Trados (or sometimes Wordfast) and we provide them a pretranslated Word-file (worked out great for Wordfast the old version), a pretranslated TTX.

Because one of our favorite translators now have Wordfast Pro6, we have sent her an export of our TM, but she provide us an TXML-file i couldn't open or edit in Trados.

If i'll send you an example of a file of her, can you look than (quickly) if it worked out fine and tell me what i have to do in the future so that i still can collaborate with her the way we were used to (editing/reviewing her translations instead importing her TM which might be not 100% correct).

Many many thanks in advance.

Regards
PeleP

I understand what you want to do and you are probably not going about it the right way. The best way is to ask you translator to provide you with the translated file and the TM.

PrepTags is not really designed for that:

PrepTags prepares files for translation. What you want is to convert a file that is already translated into a format that can be read by Trados. Since the TXML file does not contain the format of the original document, that format will be lost when you handle the TXML file.

If that's what you want nevertheless, PrepTags can help you with that, but it can't take you all the way. At least not the beta version you are using (the latest version could but it is not yet released as I mentioned earlier).

If you want to use Preptags beta to do the job, you can use the following workflow:

1. Open the files in PrepTags.
2. Click on the magic Wand.
3. In the taglist, replace:
<ut.*?> ~X~
</ut> ~X~

by

<ut.*?> ~Ig~
</ut> ~I~

4. Export the files
5. Open the files in Word and do some search and replace:

Find: <source>
Replace: {0>

Find: </source>
Replace: <}100{>

Find: </target>
Replace: <0}

(in replace, use the tw4winMark)

Now replace all text in tw4winExternal and all text in tw4winInternal by nothing. The result should be a segmented Word file containing the source and the translation from your translator. You know what to do with that.

Hope this helps.

[Edited at 2009-03-13 17:31 GMT]

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Compatibility Wordfast Pro 6 - Trados SDL 2007 Suite

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search