Thread poster: Roy Simon

Roy Simon  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:47
English to German
+ ...
Jan 27, 2009

Dear colleagues,

I'm using SDL Trados Tag Editor Version 8.0, editing a ttx file created from a xml file.

The problem I'm having is that all save buttons are grey and cannot be selected so I can't seem to save my file. Unfortunately I noticed this only putting 2hours of work into the document.

I believe the reason for this is, that I unintendedly had opened the same xml file with another Tageditor session in the background. This second session of the same file did offer the save button, but since it did not include my 2 hours of work, I closed this second session.

Now I'm sitting in front of my original Tageditor session and don't know how to save my work. Can anybody help me? Thanks a million!

Regards,
Roy Simon

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Work in TM? Jan 27, 2009

Hi Roy,
Don't you have the work in your TM, allowing you to apply it to the open session?

Could there be a translation unit that is still open in this file, preventing you to save it?

Best regards,
Ralf

Roy Simon  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks. Jan 27, 2009

Hi Ralf,

thanks for your suggestion. The problem really was an open TU that I hadn't seen- rather embarassing I would say.

Thanks again.

Roy

Traduloc
Spain
English to Spanish
Closing Jan 27, 2009

Hi Roy,
maybe you should try to close the tag editor window on the background by closing the open unit and commit the wordbench with the window you were working into.

Just an idea.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot save my ttx file - Help!

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search