Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 3, 2009

Hi I am running:
Win XP
Word 2002
Trados 7.0 build 615

My Word is really buggy, and crashes a lot. When I reopen documents and then close again it asks me - "Would you like to save changes to TRADOS7.dot?". I think this must be the cause of the problem, as this started along with the bufgginess. Any ideas? Help!!!

Stéphanie Soudais  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:49
Member (2006)
English to French
same with TRADOS8.dot Feb 3, 2009

I have the same problem with Trados8 and I just click "no" each time.

See the same topic here: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/102029-save_changes_in_trados8.html

Stéphanie

S Ben Price  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Word doesn't work Feb 3, 2009

No, I can't even work, my Word works fine for 2 minutes, and then becomes unbelievably buggy, and then crashes within about 5 minutes. I usually have to force close and the recover my documents - so this is not an acceptable situation.

Ronnie Halpern  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:49
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
Trados template solution Feb 3, 2009

You can find the solution and explanation at the following SDL page.

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2086&p=1

Ronnie

Spain
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed? Feb 3, 2009

So far so, good. Word is still a little buggy, different than before (it asked me if I wanted to see repairs made to the document although there were none, this may just be a remnant of the many crashes before). It is the kind of buggy that I can live with for now. Let's hope the fix sticks, thanks a lot.icon_smile.gif P.S. The TRADOS/.dot messgae is gone, which I take as a very good sign.

Spain
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The bug from HELL!!! Feb 5, 2009

OK, back to square one. I did all of the things mentioned in the link provided by Ronnie TWICE!! (http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2086&p=1) I was very meticuluous and double-checked everything. The problem came back right away.

So, I COMPLETELY removed TRADOS, and every file on my computer having anything to to with TRADOS and reinstalled, I also reinstalled Word.

And now ... the problem is back. How can that be? I manually deleted everything, every last file I could find (including TRADO 6.5 and Multiterm), after running the uninstall in the control panel.

Could Word be running a macro everytime I open a document? Is there anyway to check that? I could have accidentally turned one on when I went to run the clean macro.

My only recourse now would be a complete redo of my operating system, and I am in the middle of a big project. I would lose a whole day, untold hours of tweaking things to the way I like them and tons of little programmes, files etc.

I need help!!!!!!!!

Michael McCain  Identity Verified
France
Arabic to English
+ ...
Word 2007 seems to be causing it May 13, 2009

I have had this problem ("Do you want to save the changes to Trados8.dot?") since installing Word 2007 (licensed copy) a year and half ago (first on XP, now on Vista). The SDL Trados support solution (Article # 1981) asks you to follow a series of steps. This has never worked.

The "solution" concludes:

"Check if the message still appears:
* After deleting the temporary template files, start Microsoft Office Word and close it again.
* The message should not appear again."

Yet, the message appears again. And again, and again, and again....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS7.dot

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search