Thread poster: peterinmadrid
peterinmadrid
peterinmadrid  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 15:12
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 5, 2009

While I was working on a translation a window opened on the screen saying something like "updating sofware" and quickly disappeared. When I finished the document I was translating I tried to clean it and got the following error:
(-2147417851): Server threw an exception (El servidor lanzó una excepción.)
When I went to open the document that couldn't be cleaned I found that it was now read only. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? I think it is something to do with an a
... See more
While I was working on a translation a window opened on the screen saying something like "updating sofware" and quickly disappeared. When I finished the document I was translating I tried to clean it and got the following error:
When I went to open the document that couldn't be cleaned I found that it was now read only. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? I think it is something to do with an automatic update of Word. I have TRADOS 6.5 Freelance and Word 2003.
Collapse

Daniel García
Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Try Open and repair Feb 5, 2009

Peter Kerry wrote:

When I went to open the document that couldn't be cleaned I found that it was now read only. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? I think it is something to do with an automatic update of Word. I have TRADOS 6.5 Freelance and Word 2003.

This has worked for me when I got this error.

0. Make a copy of your document.
1. Launch MS Word.
2. Open your document using the "Open and repair" command.
3. Save your document as RTF and close it.
4. Open the RTF file using the "Open and repair" command again.
5. Save the RTF file as doc and close it. Try cleaning it up again.

If this does not work, use tw4winclean macro.

Daniel

Monika Jakacka Márquez
Monika Jakacka Márquez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:12
Polish to Spanish
+ ...

Thank you, Daniel Sep 13, 2010

Thanks a lot, Daniel
I have just had the same problem and I solved it quickly thanks to your simple instructions.

Regards,
M.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to clean files (-2147417851): Server threw an exception

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »