Thread poster: Ius Translation

Ius Translation
United States
Local time: 05:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 12, 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm quite new to Trados and I'd really appreciate to know if there is a way to sort/view only TU's of a specific translator in a TM that I've received.

Thanks in advance!

Romina:)

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 12:01
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Filter Feb 12, 2009

Hi Romina,

File > Maintenance > Filter...

From the field list select Created by and write the name of the translator.

HTH

Selcuk

---------------------------------------------

You can find detailed information in Translator's Workbench User Guide, in the section called Translation Memory Maintenance

[Edited at 2009-02-12 01:54 GMT]

Ius Translation
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I've already tried that but... Feb 12, 2009

Hi Selcuk! and thanks so much for the explanation, but I must be doing something wrong...

What I'm doing is:

TWB>File>Maintenance>Filter> RESET [to reset any previous setting]
In Field List I select Created by + Add
And on Criterion I type the translator's name...
I click OK
I click Begin Search and nothing happens!:(

I really don't understand why it does not work since I think I've followed all the instructions on the Help guide...

Thanks in advance for your input!!

Romina.

Turkey
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
User List Feb 12, 2009

Hi Romina,

First check the User List (File > Properties > User List), be sure that the translator's name is there. It may be different, perhaps s/he has used initials.

Selcuk

Ius Translation
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
RE: User List Feb 12, 2009

Hi again Selcuk, and thank you for this hint! I didn't know about it! And yes, it is correctly written in the user's list and in the TM. The only thing that I don't know if it matters is that when I type the translator's name in the Criterion box it is exactly as it is written in the user's list, but, as I type it there, it appears in the Filter Constraints list all written in CAPITAL lettersicon_eek.gif ...and I don't know how to change it to see if that's the problem!

Romina

Turkey
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
I think this is a bug Feb 12, 2009

In my own TM, I have both SELCUK AKYUZ and Selcuk Akyuz in the User List. But in the filter only CAPITAL letters are displayed.

Another solution

Export your TM as a TMX file, open it with a text editor (UltraEdit, Notepad++), find & replace the translator's name, create a new TM and import this file back.

I will appreciate if someone creates a tool for direct editing of Trados TMs, e.g. Deja Vu TMs can be easily edited with MS Access.

Ius Translation
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'll try that! Feb 12, 2009

Dear Selcuk,

I'll try it ASAP. Thanks again and...this means that my program is malfunctioning?:-?
I don't understand why I can filter my own TU's but not those made by other translators...

Regards,

Romina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Filters and TM's - TWB

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search