Beatriz González  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:46
Member (2012)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 13, 2009

Hi colleagues,

Since a long time ago, I am working with TRADOS without having any problem. At this moment, I am using just TAG EDITOR because the project I am working in is in Excel.

What is my surprise? I try to open a file in Word and the Trados menu has disappeared so, I cannot open any segment. Many different options have been tried without success...

If you could help me to solve the problem...

Thanks in advance,
Bea

[Subjec
... See more
Hi colleagues,

Since a long time ago, I am working with TRADOS without having any problem. At this moment, I am using just TAG EDITOR because the project I am working in is in Excel.

What is my surprise? I try to open a file in Word and the Trados menu has disappeared so, I cannot open any segment. Many different options have been tried without success...

If you could help me to solve the problem...

Thanks in advance,
Bea

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-02-13 11:20 GMT]
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Try this... Feb 13, 2009

Hello Beatriz,

For Word 2003. Please go to Tools > Templates and Add-ins > Tick Trados8.dot from the list (if it is there)

For Word 2007. Please make sure you are using SDL Trados 2007 as previous versions are not compatible with Word 2007. Then try this:

Go to the Word Menu > Word Options > Add-Ins and make sure that Trados8.dotm is under the list of "Active Application Add-Ins".

If these do not help then please read the following article and
... See more
Hello Beatriz,

For Word 2003. Please go to Tools > Templates and Add-ins > Tick Trados8.dot from the list (if it is there)

For Word 2007. Please make sure you are using SDL Trados 2007 as previous versions are not compatible with Word 2007. Then try this:

Go to the Word Menu > Word Options > Add-Ins and make sure that Trados8.dotm is under the list of "Active Application Add-Ins".

If these do not help then please read the following article and follow the instructions provided:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1466&p=1

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team
Collapse

Beatriz González
Beatriz González  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2012)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks Feb 13, 2009

Gareth,

I appreciate, it has been very useful!!!
Thanks!!

Nathalya
Nathalya  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
Annoying variation of the problem Mar 23, 2009

Dear colleagues,

I have the following problem:

When I open an empty Word document (I'm running Microsoft Office 2003 in Windows Vista), I have the Trados and Multiterm toolbar and menu. However, as soon as I open any document to be translated, the Trados and Multiterm menus disappear and are replaced by the Adobe PDF, Adobe Comments menus! How on earth is that possible? I checked in Tools > Templates and Add-ins, everything is as it should be, Multiterm and Trados7 are
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I have the following problem:

When I open an empty Word document (I'm running Microsoft Office 2003 in Windows Vista), I have the Trados and Multiterm toolbar and menu. However, as soon as I open any document to be translated, the Trados and Multiterm menus disappear and are replaced by the Adobe PDF, Adobe Comments menus! How on earth is that possible? I checked in Tools > Templates and Add-ins, everything is as it should be, Multiterm and Trados7 are active.

Important detail: The Trados and Multiterm menus aren't only replaced by Adobe PDF and Acrobat Comments, but these menus were already there, and now appear doubled. I'm using Adobe Professional 8.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

[Edited at 2009-03-23 18:52 GMT]
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Templates problem Mar 24, 2009

Hi Nathalya,
don't place the Adobe and Trados templates in the same folders. This should do the trick.

Mathieu Jacquet
Mathieu Jacquet  Identity Verified
France
English to French
SDL knowledge center Mar 24, 2009

Here is a solution for your "missing Trados menu" problem :

As for the Adobe PDF incompatibility, if you read some French, here is a tip:

1. Faites une copie des modèles Multiterm.dot et Trados7.dot dans le dossier suivant:

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Da
... See more
Here is a solution for your "missing Trados menu" problem :

As for the Adobe PDF incompatibility, if you read some French, here is a tip:

1. Faites une copie des modèles Multiterm.dot et Trados7.dot dans le dossier suivant:

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

2. Effacez les copies qui se trouvent dans C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP.

3. Redémarrez Word.

Si le problème persiste, et si vous n'avez pas besoin des menus Acrobat dans Word, vous pouvez modifier le Windows Registry :

1. Cliquez sur le bouton Start (Démarrer) et puis sur Run (Exécuter).
2. Tapez "regedit" et appuyez sur Entrée.
3. Sélectionnez (à gauche) My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\PDFMaker.OfficeAddin
4. Double-cliquez (à droite) sur LoadBehavior, et remplacez la valeur (3) par 0.
5. Cliquez sur OK pour confirmer et fermez le Registry Editor.
6. Redémarrez Word.

Si cela ne suffit pas à résoudre le problème, essayez la technique suivante :

7. Placez MultiTerm7.dot dans un dossier temporaire (comme C:\Temp).
8. Redémarrez Word.
9. Si vous voyez le menu Trados, placez MultiTerm7.dot dans C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP

(Trados7.dot reste dans C:\Documents and Settings\majacquet\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP)).

Mathieu.

[Modifié le 2009-03-24 13:34 GMT]

[Modifié le 2009-03-24 13:34 GMT]

[Modifié le 2009-03-24 13:37 GMT]
Collapse

Susan Majaura
Susan Majaura  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Thank you so much, Gareth! Mar 26, 2013

Thank you so much, Gareth! I have no idea how this happened, but your answer allowed my to solve the problem quickly. Again many thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados menu disappeared in Word

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »