Trados 7.5 more compatible with INX files?
Thread poster: Mohammad Reza Razaghi
Mohammad Reza Razaghi
Mohammad Reza Razaghi  Identity Verified
Iran
Local time: 16:39
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Feb 15, 2009

Hi all,

I don't know whether this has already been discussed or not, but I failed to find a relevant thread.

I had a very strange experience:

Last week, I was working on a huge INX file to be translated from English into Farsi. I prepared a TTX file in TagEditor as usual, and finished the job. But when I tried to save the target INX file, I received an error message, saying that the target file cannot be created.

I use SDL Trados 2007 (8.2), a
... See more
Hi all,

I don't know whether this has already been discussed or not, but I failed to find a relevant thread.

I had a very strange experience:

Last week, I was working on a huge INX file to be translated from English into Farsi. I prepared a TTX file in TagEditor as usual, and finished the job. But when I tried to save the target INX file, I received an error message, saying that the target file cannot be created.

I use SDL Trados 2007 (8.2), and this was not the first time I translated an INX file. When chatting with one of my clients, I told him the story and asked for help. Fortunately, he knew the solution! He asked me to send him the source INX file and the TM, and after about 1 hour ... he came back with the target INX file!

According to him, the solution was simple: he just used Trados 7.5 to create a new TTX file, and then used my TM (with some extra work to modify the tags) to translate the file, and saving the target file worked like a charm!
He explained that SDL Trados 2007 (8.x) is not fully compatible with INX files, and he only uses Trados 7.5 to translate them!!

Is that true?? If yes, why? Is there any way to avoid such a problem in SDL Trados 2007 (8.2)?

Thank you in advance for your input.
Collapse

Fouad Hassaan
Fouad Hassaan  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 16:09
English to Arabic
+ ...
Please download this zip file Feb 15, 2009

Dear Mohammed,

I think I have the solution for your problem. This is a problem with the Application it self and SDLX has released a Hotfix for this problem.

Download the file using this link:
http://www.freearabo.com/vendor/InDesign_Cumulative_Hotfix.zip

Please read instructions first.

Thanks, Fouad Hassaan

Mohammad Reza Razaghi
Mohammad Reza Razaghi  Identity Verified
Iran
Local time: 16:39
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Splendid! Feb 16, 2009

Many thanks for your useful post, Fouad!

I will try it and get back to you if I have any questions.

Cheers!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7.5 more compatible with INX files?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »