Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 05:14
English to Czech
+ ...
TMX Feb 19, 2009

Carvallo wrote:

(I also have SDLX Lite, but I like to work on Trados TTX and then harvest the translation back to the former.)

But, my problem is, how can I convert a SDLX Lite TM (Office Access file), to a Trados TM? Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for your help.

The procedure (a perfectly correct one) described by Clarisa is a standard Export 2 TMX / Import from TMX procedure.
TMX (Translation Memory eXchange) is a universal format for exchanging translation memories between various (any!) CAT tools. That is, you can export a TM from DejaVu and import it into SDLX or Trados as well.

Anna Villegas
Anna Villegas
Mexico
Local time: 21:14
English to Spanish
Excuse my ignorance... Feb 20, 2009

Clarisa Moraña said:
I would also like that someone tell me how to export the Access file to a Trados supported format. Meanwhile, you can export certain translation files as a bilingual translation memory with *.txt format:
File > Trados > Export to Trados > (select Trados Import format, at Type) > Save

I understand what Clarisa is saying, no doubt so far, that's easy. But this doesn't mean that you'll get a TM produced by several previous translations, other than the current text.

My question is (and I think also Clarisa's): how do I convert an Access file (that is, an entire SDLX TM) to a TMX (Translation Memory eXchange) file? Or a .txt file?

Is this possible? If it is, what's the process for doing so?

I'll appreciate any help.

Claudia Digel
Claudia Digel  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Not with SDLX Lite Feb 20, 2009

Carvallo wrote:

My question is (and I think also Clarisa's): how do I convert an Access file (that is, an entire SDLX TM) to a TMX (Translation Memory eXchange) file? Or a .txt file?

Is this possible? If it is, what's the process for doing so?

I don't think this is possible with SDLX Lite. For this process you will need the Maintain module of SDLX which is only available in the full version of SDLX. (If you have the full version, in Maintain select TM > Export > TMX format, and you'll get a tmx file that you can import into a Trados TM.)

HTH

Kind regards,
Claudia

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Exactly... Feb 20, 2009

You will need at least SDLX Standard which has been shipped along with Trados since SDL Trados 2006.

Anna Villegas
Anna Villegas
Mexico
Local time: 21:14
English to Spanish
Thanks a lot, Claudia. Feb 20, 2009

Claudia Digel wrote:
I don't think this is possible with SDLX Lite. For this process you will need the Maintain module of SDLX which is only available in the full version of SDLX. (If you have the full version, in Maintain select TM > Export > TMX format, and you'll get a tmx file that you can import into a Trados TM.)
HTH
Kind regards,
Claudia

Now this makes sense.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX lite, creating TM from already translated itd files

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »