Lu Zou  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 19:11
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Feb 21, 2009

Dear All

I am using the TagEditor of SDL Trados 2006 Freelance to work on some xml files, with the TM provided by the client. The Chinese characters are fine in the TM and the translation, but after the translation is cleaned and returned to xml file, some Chinese characters are replaced with the square bulletin points. Also, it seems that I could edit the Chinese characters directly on xml file.

By the way, of the font setting in TM, target language is Chinese (PRC), while target default font is SimSun. I am using Windows XP3 (English version).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Lu

Direct link Reply with quote

RieM  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:11
English to Japanese
+ ...
two questions Feb 22, 2009

Hi,

1. Which application did you use to open/view the cleaned xml file? Did you double-click and view it within a browser? Did you choose a specific application such as Word or a text editor?

2. Is there a line like:

Australia
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It seems OK now Feb 22, 2009

Hi Rie

You just reminded me. When I open the file with Firefox, the characters are displayed correctly.

I was using Tageditor to view the clean xml file, and saw the corrupted character.

It seems that everything is OK now.

Thanks anyway.

Lu

RieM  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:11
English to Japanese
+ ...
great! Feb 23, 2009

Hi Lu,

My reply was truncated (I inserted xml encoding line ) and I'm sorry I didn't check before hitting the Submit. Anyhow, I'm glad it's fine.

Regards,
Rie

Australia
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 23, 2009

Thanks Rie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Corrupted Chinese Characters

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search