Strange problem with cleanup
Thread poster: Deborah Olmi

Deborah Olmi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:32
English to Italian
+ ...
Feb 23, 2009

I've got a big problem with the Cleanup function in SDL Trados: when I try to clean up a word file the process only lasts 1-2 seconds (even with very long texts) and, at the end, the software shows "1 file(s) processed" but the file has NOT been processed at all.

The problem appears with every file I try to cleanup, and it started a couple of days ago.

I don't know what's happened.... did I modify some options in Trados or in Word?

Please give me some advice.... how can I solve this problem????

Thanks in advace.
Deborah

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Please check the settings in your Workbench Feb 23, 2009

Did you change the setting in Options - Translation Memory Options - Tools for "XML workfłow for Word files"?

BTW, this is your first posting, but...
When posting to this forum you are cleary asked to provide all information you have, starting with the version of your SDL Trados software. This is essential information, which is missing in your post.

[Edited at 2009-02-23 11:43 GMT]

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 10:32
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
This is not a permanent solution Feb 23, 2009

however this will help you to clean at all:

http://www.proz.com/post/984353#984353

Uldis

Deborah Olmi wrote:

I've got a big problem with the Cleanup function in SDL Trados: when I try to clean up a word file the process only lasts 1-2 seconds (even with very long texts) and, at the end, the software shows "1 file(s) processed" but the file has NOT been processed at all.

The problem appears with every file I try to cleanup, and it started a couple of days ago.

I don't know what's happened.... did I modify some options in Trados or in Word?

Please give me some advice.... how can I solve this problem????

Thanks in advace.
Deborah

Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry but it didn't work... Feb 23, 2009

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Did you change the setting in Options - Translation Memory Options - Tools for "XML workfłow for Word files"?

BTW, this is your first posting, but...
When posting to this forum you are cleary asked to provide all information you have, starting with the version of your SDL Trados software. This is essential information, which is missing in your post.

[Edited at 2009-02-23 11:43 GMT]

Thanks for your reply,

This is the version of my Trados software: SLD Trados 2007 Freelance (Translator's Workbench v. 8.3.0.863).

I checked in Options - Translation Memory Options - Tools for "XML workfłow for Word files" but I don't think I modified anything in there in the past few days.
However, I tried to flag the option "XLM workflow for Word files" (which was unflagged before) and tried to do the cleanup again.... it didn't work.

Any other idea?
Deborah

Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Feb 23, 2009

Sorry for bothering you, I just solved the problem: I had modified the LOG file folder and Workbench could not find it, that's why it could not clean up the files....

Thanks for your help!!!!
Deborah

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Strange problem with cleanup

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search