Installing Trados Freelancer 2007 on my laptop
Thread poster: Buck

Buck
Netherlands
Local time: 22:02
Dutch to English
Feb 24, 2009

Hi. I have been using this programme on my desktop for over a year, and now want to install it on my laptop, but I would like some advice on whether or not to do it.
I should tell you I am not very computer literate, but I do know what the system requriements are for the programme:

SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance runs on Windows Vista, Windows XP and Windows 2000. Windows Vista 32-bit or Windows XP is recommended for optimum performance. PC with Pentium IV or compatible processor 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended).

My laptop processor speed is 1.73 GHz and the RAM is 894. Do you think it would run ok on this system?
Thanks for any insight.

Direct link Reply with quote

Yiannis Markomanolakis
Greece
Local time: 23:02
English to Greek
Yes, Feb 24, 2009

Absolutely. I have set it up on thinner machines with no problem.

Sushan Harshe
India
Local time: 01:32
English to Hindi
+ ...
Not a problem Feb 24, 2009

I am using it on my Lap.

Buck
Netherlands
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Feb 24, 2009

Thanks Yiannis. I've actually just increased the RAM on my laptop and am downloading now. Now I just hope no one posts a horror story about it. LOL

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Definitely Feb 24, 2009

I even used an older version on an ancient Pentium III with 256 MB RAM.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installing Trados Freelancer 2007 on my laptop

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search