Cannot find TM
Thread poster: Nathalie Reis
Just bought SDL trados and am already stumbling on a little problem. My client sent me a TM, which I believe I have imported successfully. Then I opened workbench and when I try to open TM, it says the system cannot find the file specified. Am I doing sthg wrong?
| | docktrans
Local time: 21:11
English to German
| Your question: Cannot find TM || Feb 24, 2009 |
the most efficient way to make sure that I find all my memories is:
1) Create a new folder named "TMs" or similar on the hard disk.
2) Copy the memory with all files the client sent you into this folder (in case he really sent the whole memory not just the exported .txt.)
3) Open TRADOS and choose File/Open from the TRADOS menu. Klick on the arrow beside "Search in" and choose the memory from the folder you stored the memory in. TRADOS will come back to this folder each time you wish to open a memory then (unless you choose a new folder).
In case the client sent you the exported memory as .txt:
1) Create a new folder named "TM" or similar on the hard disk.
2) Store the .txt file in this folder
3) Create a new memory in TRADOS: From the File menu choose: New, enter source and tartet language, klick on Create, choose folder "TMs" by clicking on the small arrow beside "Save in" , enter a file name and click on "Save".
4) In the File menu click on "Import" - and (at the moment) - leave the settings unchanged.
5) Klick on "OK".
6) Klick on the small arrow beside "Search in" to open the pull-down menu from which you can choose the "TM" folder. TRADOS will show you the .txt file stored.
7) Choose the file to be imported and click on "Open". TRADOS starts the import process and gives you an information whether the import was successful and how many segments are imported.
Hope, this helps - have a good day - Renate Dockhorn
| Your TM is exactly where you saved it... || Feb 24, 2009 |
...provided you haven't moved or deleted it. Search your harddrive for all files with the TMW extension (*.tmw) and you will find it.
And stick to Renate's instructions. That's a decent way of organizing your TMs.
[Upraveno: 2009-02-24 22:33 GMT]
| Thank you very much! || Feb 25, 2009 |
I did find my TM in the end! I followed your instructions which I found incredibly useful. Thank you again!
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »