3 Trados issues: Concordance Window, previous termbases and Project and Filter Settings
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 15:38
Spanish
+ ...
Mar 8, 2009

I have two new issues with Workbench (Trados 8.03.0.863) and one configuration setting that keeps bothering me.

First, every time I run a new concordance search, either by clicking the button or pressing Alt+Up, the concordance window moves upwards a little bit each time. I deleted the Trados registry key to reset the configuration, but the concordance window is still moved upwards on the screen (regardless of the number of monitors). It's not a major problem but it's very annoying
... See more
I have two new issues with Workbench (Trados 8.03.0.863) and one configuration setting that keeps bothering me.

First, every time I run a new concordance search, either by clicking the button or pressing Alt+Up, the concordance window moves upwards a little bit each time. I deleted the Trados registry key to reset the configuration, but the concordance window is still moved upwards on the screen (regardless of the number of monitors). It's not a major problem but it's very annoying because I have to move the window back in place after a few searches.

The second thing is that for some reason, Workbench doesn't remember the Termbases used the last time I closed Workbench. I'm sure the Termbases displayed (and their order) are from a project I worked on a few weeks ago, so I have to add the other ones and reorder them every time I open Workbench.

Lastly, when Workbench is opened, the Project and Filter Settings window is displayed. I think there must be a way to switch it off but I can't find it.

I don't want to re-install Trados just yet but I haven't found anything about any of those issues and, after a few weeks trying to ignore them, they're driving me crazy. I would appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks

[Edited at 2009-03-08 01:41 GMT]
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:38
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
No answer to the first issue Mar 8, 2009

which btw seems to me to be a problem with Windows or your graphics driver.

For the second one: Workbench forgets all those termbase namens, which do contain a space in their name or special characters. For example "ProZ Multilingual Database" or "ProZ_Multilingual_Database" will most certainly be forgotten, while "ProZMultilingualDatabase" should be kept. I have no better solution to that as to rename the termbases (this means exporting them and attaching them again under new names
... See more
which btw seems to me to be a problem with Windows or your graphics driver.

For the second one: Workbench forgets all those termbase namens, which do contain a space in their name or special characters. For example "ProZ Multilingual Database" or "ProZ_Multilingual_Database" will most certainly be forgotten, while "ProZMultilingualDatabase" should be kept. I have no better solution to that as to rename the termbases (this means exporting them and attaching them again under new names), as nothing better was suggested to me by the support for this very problem.

The third "issue" is very easy to solve. In Workbench go to "Option", chose "Translation Memory Options" and on the "General" tab deselect "Show project setting".

Best regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 15:38
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 8, 2009

Thank you Jerzy, I'd imagined the problem with the concordance window had to do with my computer because it started a few days after I set up multiple monitors. Thanks also for the Project and Filter setting advice, I knew there was a simple way to do it.

About the termbases, I don't get it because most of the termbases have one-word names and those are exactly the ones that I have to keep adding. I guess I'll have to re-install it to see if that works.

Regards,
<
... See more
Thank you Jerzy, I'd imagined the problem with the concordance window had to do with my computer because it started a few days after I set up multiple monitors. Thanks also for the Project and Filter setting advice, I knew there was a simple way to do it.

About the termbases, I don't get it because most of the termbases have one-word names and those are exactly the ones that I have to keep adding. I guess I'll have to re-install it to see if that works.

Regards,

Claudia
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:38
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Most does not mean all Mar 8, 2009

and in fact it is enough to have one with "improper" name in the list to get the list "forgotten".
Just try it out - add only those with single word names and try it. I'm nearly sure Workbench will keep the list.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

3 Trados issues: Concordance Window, previous termbases and Project and Filter Settings

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »