Thread poster: Beth Fagnant
Beth Fagnant
Beth Fagnant  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 14, 2009

Good afternoon,

I am using Windows Vista, Office 2007 and SDL Trados 7.1.

I have received a .docx file. Usually I save as Word 97-2003 .doc, translate in TagEditor, and return the file as .doc.

Today however when I open the target .doc file it shows only 3 of the 27 pages. If I view the document in Draft View I can see all 27 pages, however when viewing in Print View I can only see the first 3 pages.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Alexander Medved
Alexander Medved
Ukraine
Local time: 02:11
English to Russian
+ ...
Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Mar 14, 2009

Have you ever tried Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack? Look for it within the Popular Downloads section on http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/FX101321101033.aspx?pid=CL100570421033
It works wonders for me. Hope this might help your situation too.

Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:11
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
But in the opposite direction Mar 15, 2009

Alexander MEDVED wrote:

Have you ever tried Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack? Look for it within the Popular Downloads section on http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/FX101321101033.aspx?pid=CL100570421033
It works wonders for me. Hope this might help your situation too.

It's for 2000, XP or 2003 users.... It's not needed in 2007. The problem must be elswhere.

Regards

A.

Beth Fagnant
Beth Fagnant  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not working Mar 15, 2009

Thanks Alexander but unfortunately that is not solving the issue.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

.docx conversion error

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »