Failed to attach TB to MS Word
Thread poster: Dr Watson

Dr Watson
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:13
Mar 16, 2009

Software includes MS Vista Home Premium, SDL Trados 2007 Professional, SDL Multi Term 2007 and MS Office 2003, all Russians. I create local TB, select it in window " Open/Close Termbase”, put a mark, OK. Then I open MS Word – MultiTerm – Select Termbase but no just created TB. There is only Local Sample. Any solutions?

 

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:13
Italian to English
Green button with "+" Mar 16, 2009

Hello, fellow member of the Watson clan.

At the top of the Select termbases pane (Multiterm menu in Word), you will see a line of buttons (Selected termbases).

Click on the green button with the "+" on it and you should be able to add your new termbase.

All the best to Sherlock,

Giles


 

Dr Watson
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:13
TOPIC STARTER
No result Mar 16, 2009

I did it more than once. No result.

 

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:13
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
FYI: Topic has been moved to SDL Trados Support forum Mar 16, 2009

where you are invited to post all questions and queries regarding this software.

Best regards
Jerzy


 

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:13
Italian to English
No Result? Mar 16, 2009

Hi again.

When you say "no result", do you mean "nothing at all happened" or did the "Local termbases" dialog box open with nothing in it?

You could try clicking on the sample termbase to highlight it and then clicking on the green button to open the "Local termbases" dialog box. If you can see your new termbase in Multiterm, you should be able to see it in Word, whether or not you have selected it in Multiterm.

I have XP so there may be OS-related differences but it doesn't sound like it.

Giles


 

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:13
French to Polish
+ ...
My standard response... Mar 16, 2009

Giles Watson wrote:

When you say "no result", do you mean "nothing at all happened" or did the "Local termbases" dialog box open with nothing in it?

You could try clicking on the sample termbase to highlight it and then clicking on the green button to open the "Local termbases" dialog box. If you can see your new termbase in Multiterm, you should be able to see it in Word, whether or not you have selected it in Multiterm.

I have XP so there may be OS-related differences but it doesn't sound like it.


Google for "Gryc Multiterm 2007 idiots" and see my standard response.

Cheers
GG


 

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:13
Italian to English
Administrative rights Mar 16, 2009

Grzegorz Gryc wrote:

Giles Watson wrote:

I have XP so there may be OS-related differences but it doesn't sound like it.


Google for "Gryc Multiterm 2007 idiots" and see my standard response.

Cheers
GG


Ah, if it's the administrative rights issue:

http://tech.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/message/47508

Giles


 

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:13
French to Polish
+ ...
Administrative rights and UAC Mar 16, 2009

Giles Watson wrote:

Grzegorz Gryc wrote:

Giles Watson wrote:

I have XP so there may be OS-related differences but it doesn't sound like it.


Google for "Gryc Multiterm 2007 idiots" and see my standard response.


Ah, if it's the administrative rights issue:

http://tech.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/message/47508


Yes.
In this case, combined with the User Account Control feature in Vista.

Cheers
GG

[Edited at 2009-03-16 10:49 GMT]


 

Tangopeter

Local time: 09:13
English to Dutch
+ ...
Do you have the specific link? Mar 23, 2009

Grzegorz Gryc wrote:

Giles Watson wrote:

When you say "no result", do you mean "nothing at all happened" or did the "Local termbases" dialog box open with nothing in it?

You could try clicking on the sample termbase to highlight it and then clicking on the green button to open the "Local termbases" dialog box. If you can see your new termbase in Multiterm, you should be able to see it in Word, whether or not you have selected it in Multiterm.

I have XP so there may be OS-related differences but it doesn't sound like it.


Google for "Gryc Multiterm 2007 idiots" and see my standard response.

Cheers
GG


Hi Grzegorz,

Do you have a specific link for your standard response (my Google returns a lot of references for "Gryc Multiterm 2007 idiots" and even for "Gryc Multiterm idiots 2007", but not the site/link itself).
Thanks!


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Failed to attach TB to MS Word

Advanced search







Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search