Error: unknown tag while converting to Word Document
Thread poster: Yossi Rozenman

Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 02:55
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Mar 16, 2009

When I try to translate a TTX files using Tools -> Translate in Workbench I get the error:

(80005): Error: unknown tag while converting to Word Document.
File skipped!

The TTX files are converted Word 2003 DOC files. The files were converted by the customer and I don't have the original DOC files.

Any idea how to solve that?

TIA

Direct link Reply with quote

Andrea Martínez  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:55
Spanish to German
+ ...
Open files in Tag-Editor Mar 16, 2009

Have you tried to open Tag-Editor in the Workbench and open the files directly in Tag-Editor?

Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 02:55
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I can open the files in TagEditor Mar 16, 2009

Andrea Martínez wrote:

Have you tried to open Tag-Editor in the Workbench and open the files directly in Tag-Editor?

I can open the files in TagEditor and translate them. The only problem is when I try to translate using Workbench Tools -> Translate.

Andrea Martínez  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:55
Spanish to German
+ ...
ttx files have to be translated in Tag Editor, Mar 20, 2009

as far as I know. In don't know exactly to which "tool -> translate in Workbench" you refer, because I translate in Word and Trados Workbench or in Tag Editor (ppt files, excel files, http files ttx files...).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error: unknown tag while converting to Word Document

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search