How can I clean up the TagEditor file after editing?
Thread poster: Marina SP
Marina SP
Marina SP
Local time: 14:45
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 16, 2009

I know TagEditor problems have been discussed on this forum before.
I understand that to clean up or safe target file only it's necessary to keep the file in the original directory where it was created. How can I clean up the .ttx file after editing, when the original TagEditor file was created by a translator and the client needs me to finalize the file and clean it up?
I tried changing the directory to the current one in NotePad, but it did not work. Any ideas?
Thank you so
... See more
I know TagEditor problems have been discussed on this forum before.
I understand that to clean up or safe target file only it's necessary to keep the file in the original directory where it was created. How can I clean up the .ttx file after editing, when the original TagEditor file was created by a translator and the client needs me to finalize the file and clean it up?
I tried changing the directory to the current one in NotePad, but it did not work. Any ideas?
Thank you so much!
Collapse

Effie Emmanouilidou
Effie Emmanouilidou  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:45
English to Greek
Is the ending of the files *.rtf.ttx or something similar? Mar 16, 2009

Perhaps the final files are from a program you do not have, so you cannot clean them up? Do you get any errors?

I never have the files in the same directory as the one I received them (I keep a copy in a folder named Original, and work on the copy in the folder Translation) and I have not encountered any problems, though to be more truthful, the client usually wants the *.ttx and not a clean file.

Maybe this topic will a
... See more
Perhaps the final files are from a program you do not have, so you cannot clean them up? Do you get any errors?

I never have the files in the same directory as the one I received them (I keep a copy in a folder named Original, and work on the copy in the folder Translation) and I have not encountered any problems, though to be more truthful, the client usually wants the *.ttx and not a clean file.

Maybe this topic will also help you: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/130303-is_it_compulsory_to_have_the_original_word_file_to_clean_a_ttx_file.html#1080905

[Edited at 2009-03-16 16:42 GMT]
Collapse

Marina SP
Marina SP
Local time: 14:45
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Mar 16, 2009

Thank you Effie!
I was able to clean the file up by keeping the source file and the translated file in the same directory.
Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I clean up the TagEditor file after editing?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »