Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:04
Member (2003)
German to French
Mar 18, 2009

SDL Trados 8.3.0.863 (Build 863)
MS Word 2002 (10 2627 2625)

I translated a Word file with lots of graphics and field codes in TagEditor without problems.
After saving as target, the file opens in Word but as soon as I edit anything in the file, Word freezes for a few minutes and crashes ("Word doesn't respond" in French, I don't know the English version).

I can open, edit and close the source file without a problem. I tried to recreate the target, rename th
... See more
SDL Trados 8.3.0.863 (Build 863)
MS Word 2002 (10 2627 2625)

I translated a Word file with lots of graphics and field codes in TagEditor without problems.
After saving as target, the file opens in Word but as soon as I edit anything in the file, Word freezes for a few minutes and crashes ("Word doesn't respond" in French, I don't know the English version).

I can open, edit and close the source file without a problem. I tried to recreate the target, rename the file, save it under a new name...

Any hint would be very welcome!

Thanks,
Sylvain
Collapse

Marinus Vesseur
Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:04
English to Dutch
+ ...
Save as rtf Mar 18, 2009

Sounds familiar, but I don't know the reason. I've had some luck saving such nasty files in RTF, closing Word, opening Word, opening RTF file and saving as Word doc again, but remember that the RTF file needs a lot of space.

Bonne chance!

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:04
Member (2003)
German to French
TOPIC STARTER
RTF Mar 18, 2009

Marinus Vesseur wrote:

Sounds familiar, but I don't know the reason. I've had some luck saving such nasty files in RTF, closing Word, opening Word, opening RTF file and saving as Word doc again, but remember that the RTF file needs a lot of space.

Bonne chance!

Thanks Marinus,

I can edit the rtf without problem, but when I save it as Word again and reopen the file to edit it, the problem remains.
BTW, when I open the RTF file, I get an Microsoft Visual Basic "Runtime Error N° 5825 : The object was deletd" (or similar)... could it be related ?

Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

After translation (in TE), Word file freezes and crashes

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »