Thread poster: Pavel Tsvetkov

Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 21:21
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Mar 19, 2009

For the translation job at hand I have created a new (and, naturally, empty) TM and I am using my "old" translation memory (with all my translations in the field) as a Concordance TM. So, Trados searches first in the new TM, does not find a match, goes to the Concordance TM, finds a 100%, but does not insert it... Why?

Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 15:21
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hi! Mar 19, 2009

Pavel Tsvetkov wrote:

For the translation job at hand I have created a new (and, naturally, empty) TM and I am using my "old" translation memory (with all my translations in the field) as a Concordance TM. So, Trados searches first in the new TM, does not find a match, goes to the Concordance TM, finds a 100%, but does not insert it... Why?

Trados inserts matches from the main TM only, never from a Concordance TM.
What you can do is:

1. Copy and paste the segments from the Concordance window .

2. Do the translation with your old TM and then clean the file in the new, empty TM, if you have to deliver the TM together with the translated file, or

3. Import your old TM into the new one.

Hope this helps

Marina

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 20:21
English to Czech
+ ...
Seconding... Mar 20, 2009

...Marina's post and adding my favourite read the manual.
Sorry Pavel, but most of your questions are rather basic and the answers can be found quickly and easily in SDL Trados documentation.

[Upraveno: 2009-03-20 11:08 GMT]

Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 21:21
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your help, Marina! Mar 20, 2009

Thank you for your time!

To Stanislav: I am sorry to have wasted your time. In the future, please, do not feel obliged to answer my questions.

[Edited at 2009-03-20 12:34 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Concordance TM

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search