Diarmuid Kennan  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 22:48
Member (2006)
Danish to English
+ ...
Mar 20, 2009

Hello there,

I have recently been sent a terminology file as part of a project. The file is an .mdb file, so I tried to open it with Multiterm. I received the following error message: "The microsoft Jet
database cannot find the input table or query 'mtCatalogObjects'. Make sure
it exists and that its name is spelled correctly". I could only find one other case of anyone having this problem (on Google) but I could not find a solution.

I'm using Multiterm 2007, 7.5.0.444 (build 448).

Is there another way I can access the terminology besides Multiterm?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 23:48
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
mtCatalogObjects ... Mar 21, 2009

The file is an .mdb file, so I tried to open it with Multiterm. I received the following error message: "The microsoft Jet database cannot find the input table or query 'mtCatalogObjects'.

hmmm... there's indeed a mtCatalogObjects in there. I opened two of my mdbs and in both cases the table is just a dozen or so records long and contains just three entries (6,7, 12) having to do with xml, shemas etc

if you can not get an export of your mtb, I would go on the limb and graft the table (using Access) from some other intact mdb file.

However ... not having this table does not bode well: it could be a hopelessly outdated mdb - in other respects as well.

Regards

Vito

Diarmuid Kennan  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 22:48
Member (2006)
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 21, 2009

Thanks Vito,

Yes, I have also come to the conclusion that the problem is that the file is outdated....I can see that it was last edited in 2006....I will contact the client and see if they can provide me the info in some other format.

I am not familiar with Access, so I don't really understand what is involved in going "on the limb and graft the table (using Access) from some other intact mdb file", but when I have more time I will experiment with Access a bit and see how far I get.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Diarmuid

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

mtCatalogObjects

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search