Problem:Source text disappears after translation
Thread poster: Eleni Koukopoulou

Eleni Koukopoulou
Local time: 02:03
English to Greek
+ ...
Mar 24, 2009

When I complete the translation of the source text and press the key set/close next open/get to move to the next unit the source text does not appear.Is there any arrangement to make in order for the source text to appear in combination with the target text?

Please help......

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:03
English to German
+ ...
Please search this forum for "hidden text" Mar 24, 2009

Hi Elena,
You did not specify which application(s) or software version(s) you're working with, so I'm guessing that you're working in MS Word.

Please take a moment to search this forum for "hidden text": this has been discussed frequently.

Best regards,
Ralf

Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:03
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Show Hidden Text Mar 24, 2009

Elena K wrote:

When I complete the translation of the source text and press the key set/close next open/get to move to the next unit the source text does not appear.Is there any arrangement to make in order for the source text to appear in combination with the target text?

Please help......

In Word, go to Tools - Options - View tab, tick Hidden Text.

This will show your source text.

Regards,
Marina

fdais
Local time: 18:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
Another option in MS Word Mar 24, 2009

Assuming you are using Word, I am sure you have the "show/hide" icon disabled. It's the one that lets you look at spaces and paragraphs. If you disable it, you will not be able to look at the source language. Hope I explained myself! But I can assure you I've been there before, so I am absolutely positive this works.

Eleni Koukopoulou
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much....You really helped me.. Mar 24, 2009

Marina Pastora Soldati wrote:

Elena K wrote:

Please help......

In Word, go to Tools - Options - View tab, tick Hidden Text.

This will show your source text.

Regards,
Marina

Eleni Koukopoulou
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much for your response! Mar 24, 2009

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Elena,
You did not specify which application(s) or software version(s) you're working with, so I'm guessing that you're working in MS Word.

Please take a moment to search this forum for "hidden text": this has been discussed frequently.

Best regards,
Ralf

Eleni Koukopoulou
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for the response! Mar 24, 2009

fdais wrote:

Assuming you are using Word, I am sure you have the "show/hide" icon disabled. It's the one that lets you look at spaces and paragraphs. If you disable it, you will not be able to look at the source language. Hope I explained myself! But I can assure you I've been there before, so I am absolutely positive this works.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem:Source text disappears after translation

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search