Thread poster: Lucia Messuti

Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:43
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 25, 2009

After translating a word file in Tageditor, I do SAVE AS TARGET to update the word file, it comes out the following sentence:
"error while converting the word document: end tag does not have a matching start tag.
In the same folder I've both the original word doc and the ttx file.

What does it mean? How can I manage?

Thanks
Lucia

avsie (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Run the tag verifier Mar 25, 2009

You've probably either added a tag or removed one when you translated. Run the Generic Tag Verifier (Tools > Plug-ins > Verifiers > SDL Generic Tag Verifier) to see which tag is missing or added by mistake.

Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks !! Mar 25, 2009

Thanks a lot....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag editor - version 8 - problems with SAVE TARGET AS

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search