Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:04
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Mar 30, 2009

Dear colleagues,

I am using Trados Freelance 2007 (8.2.0.835) on a WinXP (SP3) machine. I am translating in TagEditor, and I have set the concordance window to search automatically when no match is found. Sometimes, the concordance window changes its position when a search is activated: it moves a little upwards. After a couple of automatic searches, it gets in the way of the Workbench window, so I have to manually drag and drop it to a free position on the screen again. It then starts all over again.

This is really annoying me, and I can't find out the reasons for this behaviour, nor a way to stop it.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
best regards,
Erik

Edit: Typos.

[Bearbeitet am 2009-03-30 21:17 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Maxim Manzhosin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:04
Member (2008)
English to Russian
Wild guess Apr 1, 2009

It could be related to saving the current position of the Concordance window. Not sure whether it helps, but this trick solved another issue with window positioning.

Go to Start > Run, type regedt32 to open the registry editor. Navigate to the [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trados\TW4Win\Last Session] key and delete the "ConcordanceX" and "ConcordanceY" entries. Restart Workbench and check if the problem is gone.

HTH

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:04
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Apr 1, 2009

Dear Maxim,

Thanks a lot, it seems that your suggestion helped! Now how is anybody without special IT knowledge supposed to know that?

Thanks again!

Best regards,
Erik

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Concordance Window is moving

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search