Maria Karra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:35
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
Apr 1, 2009

I've had this problem for a while, so I'd really appreciate any suggestions:

I have Trados 6.5 and I am translating from Greek into English.
Greek words are not recognized by Concordance, and if I type in a Greek word, it becomes illegible (question marks and garbled characters) as soon as I hit Search.
So I went to Control panel -> Regional and Language Settings -> Advanced, and I selected "Greek" on the pull-down menu, where it says "Select a language to match the language version of the non-Unicode programs you want to use".
I rebooted, reopened Trados and Word, and Concordance worked great! It recognizes Greek words when I open a segment in my Word document, and when I type them in the textbox in the Concordance window, I get results.
BUT... now Word behaves strangely whenever I open a segment. The Greek source segments appear all garbled. Only in Word. When I look at the segment in Workbench it appears correctly.

Can anybody help?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Greek fonts in Concordance

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search