Trados error message '-2147417851 The server threw an exception'
Thread poster: quincey

quincey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:24
Swedish to English
+ ...
Apr 3, 2009

When attempting to clean up a Word file, I receive the message '-2147417851 The server threw an exception'.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I am using Word 2003 and Trados 6.5 Freelance.

Steve

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-04-03 13:08 GMT]

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 06:24
German
+ ...
Solution Apr 3, 2009

Yes, that sometimes happens with certain files. Just save the file as RTF and try cleaning that. Let us know if it worked for you - there are other things you can try if it doesn't.

HTH,

Benjamin

Oscar Martin
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Cleanup error Apr 3, 2009

Hi Steve,

If you have already uploaded the translation into the TM, you can run the tw4winClean.Main macro. In Word 2003, go to Tools > Macro > Macros, search tw4winClean.Main and press Run. This will clean up the file but will not update the TM.

I hope this helps you.

Oscar

Keneva Kunz  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:24
Icelandic to English
+ ...
Fixing the "server threw an exception 2147417851" problem? May 29, 2009

I have had this message repeatedly from the TM now and have circumvented it by saving files as RTF and then cleaning them. But can anyone tell me how to fix the problem permanently?

Thanks

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Permanent solution May 29, 2009

To get rid of this problem for good, use TagEditor to translate your Word documents (requires Trados 7.1 or higher.)

HTH,

Benjamin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados error message '-2147417851 The server threw an exception'

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search