SDL Trados error: Could not contact activation server (Error code 0)
Thread poster: aiaccio
aiaccio
aiaccio  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:50
English to Italian
Apr 4, 2009

Hi,

Starting this morning, SDL 2007 Freelance seems to have lost its flexible license information so I have tried to re-activate the product again online, but every time I try, I get the following error message:

Could not contact activation server (Error code 0)

Now, the error code 0 is pretty weird, also it was working ok last time I used last week

Did anyone else experience the same problem?

Thanks for your help

aiaccio
aiaccio  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:50
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Apr 4, 2009

Uninstalling and reinstalling the sw fixed the issue.

thanks

Emma Gledhill
Emma Gledhill
Switzerland
Local time: 07:50
German to English
+ ...
Same problem Nov 5, 2009

I have the same issue; a file I was working on crashed Windows and when I restarted, this precise problem with exactly the same error message and code (error code 0) happened for the first time ever. I've just spent the last 3 hours trying to repair my installation and then uninstalling and reinstalling but no joy. I should add I'm using Trados 2007 Suite Professional

Update 6 Nov: 24 hours on from submitting the fault report via the form on the SDL KB web site and I h
... See more
I have the same issue; a file I was working on crashed Windows and when I restarted, this precise problem with exactly the same error message and code (error code 0) happened for the first time ever. I've just spent the last 3 hours trying to repair my installation and then uninstalling and reinstalling but no joy. I should add I'm using Trados 2007 Suite Professional

Update 6 Nov: 24 hours on from submitting the fault report via the form on the SDL KB web site and I haven't heard a dicky bird from SDL Looking through the forum it looks like most people hear something within 48 hours; I do hope that's the case for me too.

[Edited at 2009-11-06 14:36 GMT]
Collapse

Emma Gledhill
Emma Gledhill
Switzerland
Local time: 07:50
German to English
+ ...
Resolved Nov 12, 2009

Just to let everyone know my problem has finally been solved. Having spent the last 3 days in discussion with a Trados support bod, nothing worked. Eventually he got the licencing department to convert my activation code licence into a softkey licence file and that (thankfully) did the trick.

The long and the short of it, however, is that if you get this error, it seems only SDL can sort it out; there isn't a user fix

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados error: Could not contact activation server (Error code 0)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »