winalign ttx files import in Translator's workbench - invalid units
Thread poster: hedapen
hedapen
hedapen
Local time: 11:34
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 4, 2009

I have prepared an alignment project of txt files and it seems to be correct. I export the project files and when I try to import them in TW the translation units seem to be invalid and are not added to the TM.

If I do that with previously aligned files importing is correct. It looks as if my current Winalign programme (recently re-installed) is not running correctly (though it apparently does so). How can I know where the problem is? I have plenty of paired bilingual files with urg
... See more
I have prepared an alignment project of txt files and it seems to be correct. I export the project files and when I try to import them in TW the translation units seem to be invalid and are not added to the TM.

If I do that with previously aligned files importing is correct. It looks as if my current Winalign programme (recently re-installed) is not running correctly (though it apparently does so). How can I know where the problem is? I have plenty of paired bilingual files with urgent analysis and am currently blocked with this funny issue.

Any help is welcome.

Libe
Collapse

hedapen
hedapen
Local time: 11:34
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
language version Apr 6, 2009

Dear colleagues. I finally found out where the problem was. It was the Spanish language version. In the WinAlign project configuration I selected Spanish Spain and the Translation Memory had Spanish International Sort. Just a silly thing that made my head go crazy. Just to let you know if it ever happens to you...

Dimmo Petrov
Dimmo Petrov
Local time: 12:34
English to Bulgarian
thanx Apr 6, 2009

I've seen the problem too. Thanks for the solution.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

winalign ttx files import in Translator's workbench - invalid units

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »