TRADOS error message in the translator's workbench: "end of the paragraph not found"
Thread poster: vantage
vantage
vantage
Argentina
Local time: 02:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 9, 2009

I was using Trados and when I was about to start with a new translation unit , another paragraph ,this message appeared in the translator´s workbench " end of the paragraph not found" , what I have to do with this because it is the first time that this happened to me and I can´t continue with the translation. I have already tried to fix the document but nothing happens,thank you for your help.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-04-10 01:16 GMT]

Ulf Norlinger
Ulf Norlinger  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 07:14
English to Swedish
+ ...
You can always recreate your document Apr 10, 2009

As the TM saves your progress you can always restart the project from the beginning.

1) Make a second project similar to your first. (base it on your previous project)

1.5) Open it and check the "protect tag".

2) Move through the document filling in all the translated segments from your TM.

3) Save (Ctrl+s) just before the problem arise in your previous document.

4) Inspect the troublesome segment to see if it has some formatting p
... See more
As the TM saves your progress you can always restart the project from the beginning.

1) Make a second project similar to your first. (base it on your previous project)

1.5) Open it and check the "protect tag".

2) Move through the document filling in all the translated segments from your TM.

3) Save (Ctrl+s) just before the problem arise in your previous document.

4) Inspect the troublesome segment to see if it has some formatting problem.

5) If you can't find any, try to get pass that segment, and see if you have better luck this time.

[Redigerad 2009-04-10 01:56 GMT]
Collapse

Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:14
Danish to English
+ ...
Trados error message. Apr 10, 2009

You could click on "fix document" in the Trados bar, then go to the segment where the problem is.

Then check the source and place a period at the end of that sentence.

Then start your translation from where you left off.

Maria Antonietta Ricagno
Maria Antonietta Ricagno  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
My 2 cents Apr 10, 2009

Very often, Trados shows that message when a page break appears near the sentence.
I always press Enter so that the page break moves to the next line and the problem disappears.

Anto

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
A break without a paragraph mark? Apr 11, 2009

To me the "problem" is a very simple one actually: there must be some page, column or section break without a paragraph mark right before it, to finish the paragraph you cannot translate. Trados cannot go over page or section breaks and requires that the paragraph ends with a paragraph mark.

Make sure you have the hidden codes visible in Word. Is there such a break right after the problem paragraph? If that is the case, simply place the cursor after the last character of the paragr
... See more
To me the "problem" is a very simple one actually: there must be some page, column or section break without a paragraph mark right before it, to finish the paragraph you cannot translate. Trados cannot go over page or section breaks and requires that the paragraph ends with a paragraph mark.

Make sure you have the hidden codes visible in Word. Is there such a break right after the problem paragraph? If that is the case, simply place the cursor after the last character of the paragraph and press ENTER to create the paragraph mark.
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Indeed! Apr 11, 2009

Maria Antonietta Ricagno wrote:
Very often, Trados shows that message when a page break appears near the sentence.
I always press Enter so that the page break moves to the next line and the problem disappears.

Indeed. Sorry Antonella, I hadn't read all posts and jumped to make my own entry. Indeed this is what I think it is. Auguri! Tomás

vantage
vantage
Argentina
Local time: 02:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Apr 11, 2009

With all your helpful suggestions, I could solve the proble.
Thanks!!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS error message in the translator's workbench: "end of the paragraph not found"

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »