Error 304 when converting file from ttx to mif - help needed
Thread poster: Krakor
Krakor
English to Czech
Apr 15, 2009

Hello all,

I´d like to ask you for help. I received mif file from the customer, so I exported it to ttx file via S-Tagger. The whole file is translated and problem is that if I try to export it back to the mif file I get in TE message: "Error 304. The text in the index marker is 40 character(s) too long." So can anybody help me what to do with ttx file or original mif file? Thanks a lot for any advice.

Jan

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-04-15 13:37 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 05:31
German
+ ...
The message is fairly explicit Apr 15, 2009

Check for <imk> and/or <ie> tags with a lot of text in them. The maximum length of an index entry in FrameMaker is 255 characters.

To find them, use a text editor or check "Search tag content" in TagEditor's Find dialog.

HTH,

Benjamin

[Edited at 2009-04-15 15:41 GMT]

Krakor
English to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
thx Apr 16, 2009

Thank you for reply. You were right, I found that words between imk and /imk cannot exceed 255 characters all together. So I shortened some words after ie tags. Thanks again.

Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 304 when converting file from ttx to mif - help needed

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search