Thread poster: Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:00
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 20, 2009

A client offering me a very interesting job says that their client insists on the job being done in SDLX.

I have an older version of Trados (6), and don't want to buy SDLX, as I've more or less decided that when I do get round to investing in a new CAT that it's likely to be a very different one.

Is it not possible for the translated text in Trados 6 to be delivered in a format that can be converted by the client to SDLX?

Ulf Norlinger
Ulf Norlinger  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
You can use TRADOS Tag format Apr 20, 2009

Yes, he should be able to open your document directly if you use the *.ttx-format. Though, if he wants the TM as well, it must be in *.mdb-format (i.e. MS Access w/ JET-engine) to be compatible.

[Redigerad 2009-04-20 23:47 GMT]

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Trados 6 and SDLX Apr 21, 2009

I'm not sure whether Trados 6 supports ITD files. AFAIK, TagEditor has only supported them since build 756 (i.e. v7).
But what your client can do is to convert the ITDs into TTX and the MDB TM into a TMX. You could then deliver a bilingual TTX along with a TM exported into TMX again. This should work.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX compatibility with Trados 6

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »