International Translation Day 2017

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event on September 26-27th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

Can't open TagEditor after Windows Update
Thread poster: Claudia Kuhn

Claudia Kuhn  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:37
English to German
+ ...
Apr 23, 2009

Trados Freelance 07 + Windows XP

After a windows update last week I can't open Tag Editor.
There's not a concrete error message, just a message: TagEditor noted a problem and has to close (Trados TagEditor hat ein Problem festgestellt und muss beendet werden). Then I could send a problem report to Microsoft.

I still can work with the Workbench and Word and MultiTerm - but I can't connect Multiterm. Workbench offers only Multiterm 5 (and not 7 - which I use). My settings changed, e.g. from German to English. I already found a thread in proz about this problem, but all suggested solutions don't help.

I already tried without result:

- deinstall the update
- deinstall dot.net. Framework and install it again
- deinstall only security update KB956572
- to deactivate process "wmiapsrv.exe"
- new registration of Trados

I would appreciate your help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 06:37
Spanish
+ ...
System Restore Apr 23, 2009

You can roll your settings back with Windows' System Restore. When you install an system update, Windows automatically creates a restore point just in case something goes wrong. I don't know where exactly this feature is located in XP, but you might find it in your Control Panel. This utility will restore your system files to the point just before installing the update, just make sure you choose the right restore point.

System Restore shouldn't modify your normal files but just in case, make a backup of your important files. You can try to install the update again, it might have been corrupted the first time.

Good luck,

Claudia

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't open TagEditor after Windows Update

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search