https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/133433-cant_open_powerpoint_slides_in_tageditor.html

can't open powerpoint slides in TagEditor
Thread poster: Heike Kast
Heike Kast
Heike Kast  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:48
English to German
+ ...
Apr 23, 2009

Dear all,

everytime I try to open a .ppt file TagEditor crashes for some inexplicable reason. Has anybody had the same problem? Can anybody help? Any hint or advice is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Heike Kast

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:48
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Trados Version? MSOffice? Apr 23, 2009

Hi "kalliope76",

you don't mention which version you are using, an important piece of information (shown whenever you open a new thread here or reply "If you are posting about a CAT tool or other software program, including the product name, version, and any other relevant details will avoid confusion and allow you to get/give better forum help").

A wild guess: if it is SDL 2007 Suite and you use MSoffice 2007 there's some hotfix (please check past threads, I have prov
... See more
Hi "kalliope76",

you don't mention which version you are using, an important piece of information (shown whenever you open a new thread here or reply "If you are posting about a CAT tool or other software program, including the product name, version, and any other relevant details will avoid confusion and allow you to get/give better forum help").

A wild guess: if it is SDL 2007 Suite and you use MSoffice 2007 there's some hotfix (please check past threads, I have provided myself the links to the hotfix), if you have MSOffice 2003 it doesn't fix anything - I have tried it, had to uninstall the suite version).

Giuliana
Collapse

Heike Kast
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
additional information Apr 24, 2009

Sorry for this. I use Trados 2007 suite freelance and MS Office 2003. Doesn't look so good now, does it?

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Download the patch from talisma.sdl.com Apr 24, 2009

There is a patch for PowerPoint there - article number 1629 & 1631

Otherwise use Microsoft Compatibiliy Pack for Office 2007, save the PPT as PPTX (PPT 2007) and try with that file. This should help.

Heike Kast
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 28, 2009

Sorry for the late response. I managed to open the slides in an older Trados version and save them as .pptx. This format can be opened and worked on in Trados 2007. I will take a closer look at the patches mentioned later. Thanks for the useful tips.

Heike

Herveline Thépaut
Herveline Thépaut
English to French
Can't find the Hotfix to open PPTX files in TagEditor May 5, 2009

Hello,
I have read the thread with Kalliope 76, I but can't find the thread where the link to the hotfix referred to is given. I'm using PPT2007 and SDL trados 2007 and can't open PPTX files in Tag Editor. The only hotfix I found for PPT and Tag Editor on the Internet is about conversion back of texts into PPT. is it that one?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

can't open powerpoint slides in TagEditor

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »