Trados Translators Workbench not working/inactive. No error message
Thread poster: Adriana Sibaja

Adriana Sibaja  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 23, 2009

I am working in Word 2003 and I had never had problems with Trados (SDL Trados 2007) before. Today I completed a job as I normally do, but suddently, when pressing open/get to move to the next segment, the translator's bench simply got stuck. I could see the target text in the source window but nothing happened. I tried fixing the document... and nothing. I've tried closing and re-opening the file and the workbench. I've also tried working with previously translated files and nothing. The twn text or tags (the purple ones) turned black in the files I tried, and now the bench can't even open a segment, it's just stuck. I've tried with different translation memories and different files. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? Any help will be much appreciated. Oh! And no error number is shown. The worbench gives me no information whatsoever. And as soon as I clic on my Word doc, the legend "translator's workbench is active" disappears. I dont remember if it did so before, though.

Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Anna Sylvia Villegas Carvallo
Mexico
Local time: 08:30
English to Spanish
Reinstall Apr 24, 2009

That should work!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Translators Workbench not working/inactive. No error message

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search