LA LANGUAGE
Thread poster: Homero Muñoz
Homero Muñoz
Homero Muñoz  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 13:26
English to Spanish
Apr 23, 2009

I received a translation to perform but it comes as language Spanish LA.
Cant find that in the TRADOS list.(Spanish International Sort, and one for each country, but no general LA spanish).
What is to be done in this case?

Ivan Petryshyn
Ivan Petryshyn
English to Italian
+ ...
Latin America Apr 23, 2009

Latin American variant of Spanish
Ivan Petryshyn

Homero Muñoz
Homero Muñoz  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 13:26
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
LA SPANISH Apr 24, 2009

Thank you for your help Ivan. I understand that LA stands for Latin American Spanish.
But the problem is that in my version of TRADOS there is no such a language. I find a International Sort of Spanish, and the on for each country (UY for Uruguay, AR for Argentina and so on).
The TM I received has its files with LA, and when I choose the destination language, I get a rejection because LA does not match with any selection.
I ended up changing the name of the TM files. But dont t
... See more
Thank you for your help Ivan. I understand that LA stands for Latin American Spanish.
But the problem is that in my version of TRADOS there is no such a language. I find a International Sort of Spanish, and the on for each country (UY for Uruguay, AR for Argentina and so on).
The TM I received has its files with LA, and when I choose the destination language, I get a rejection because LA does not match with any selection.
I ended up changing the name of the TM files. But dont think that this is the proper procedure, specially working in a group.

Hope that my problem is clearer now.

best regards

Homero
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

LA LANGUAGE

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »