LA LANGUAGE
Thread poster: Homero Muñoz

Homero Muñoz  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 07:13
English to Spanish
Apr 23, 2009

I received a translation to perform but it comes as language Spanish LA.
Cant find that in the TRADOS list.(Spanish International Sort, and one for each country, but no general LA spanish).
What is to be done in this case?

Direct link Reply with quote

Ivan Petryshyn
English to Italian
+ ...
Latin America Apr 23, 2009

Latin American variant of Spanish
Ivan Petryshyn

Homero Muñoz  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 07:13
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
LA SPANISH Apr 24, 2009

Thank you for your help Ivan. I understand that LA stands for Latin American Spanish.
But the problem is that in my version of TRADOS there is no such a language. I find a International Sort of Spanish, and the on for each country (UY for Uruguay, AR for Argentina and so on).
The TM I received has its files with LA, and when I choose the destination language, I get a rejection because LA does not match with any selection.
I ended up changing the name of the TM files. But dont think that this is the proper procedure, specially working in a group.

Hope that my problem is clearer now.

best regards

Homero

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

LA LANGUAGE

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search