SDL TRADOS 2007 Synergy not running! - help needed
Thread poster: Giorgia Sessi

Giorgia Sessi
Local time: 13:17
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 24, 2009

Hello,
I have just bought SDL Trados Freelance 2007 through TGB.
I have installed it on my computer but since I have a Mac I had to run it on Parallels Desktop.

Everytime I try to run SDL Synergy, I receive an error message saying
"Failed to initialise application"
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I have already tried the solutions offered on the SDL website and they don't seem to work.
Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Thanks
Giorgia

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-04-24 13:18 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Virginie GUEDON  Identity Verified
France
Italian to French
+ ...
Same problem May 8, 2009

Hi,
I've exactly the same problem.

to solve the initialisation problem you need to remove the file named sdl.projectapi.xml on c:doc&settings/admin/local settings/application data/sdl international/projectapi/

but after that I still have error messages. the error message in French is "Echec de création du référentiel pour les projets non suivis en ligne" and an other one is "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" each time I try to create a new project...

Can somebody help me or let me know how to solve this problem ?

Thanks a lot.
Virginie.

Giorgia Sessi
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks, let's see if someone can help May 8, 2009

Virginie GUEDON wrote:

Hi,
I've exactly the same problem.

to solve the initialisation problem you need to remove the file named sdl.projectapi.xml on c:doc&settings/admin/local settings/application data/sdl international/projectapi/

but after that I still have error messages. the error message in French is "Echec de création du référentiel pour les projets non suivis en ligne" and an other one is "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" each time I try to create a new project...

Can somebody help me or let me know how to solve this problem ?

Thanks a lot.
Virginie.

Thanks so much Virginie.
Let's see if someone else has got any ideas!!!
Giorgia

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Synergy patch May 9, 2009

Hi all,
I believe SDL have published a patch for Synergy downloadable as an MSI file, but I can't remember the link or where I saw it.
Anyway, as far as I can recommend, forget about Synergy. It will only fill your harddrive with copies of hundreds of unnecessary files and slow down your work considerably. It is only worth using if you need many files (several tens or hundreds of them) converted into TTX. Synergy has only brought me headaches in all other cases.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL TRADOS 2007 Synergy not running! - help needed

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search