sabina moscatelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 03:22
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
Apr 27, 2009

Dear All

I am trying to pre-translate some *.ttx files with my Workbench 8.0, activating the checkbox "Segment unknown sentences".

Although the operation seems to work out fine (since I get no error message), when I open them in TagEditor I find no target text.

Do you have any suggestions for this?

Thanks a lot,

sabina

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 03:22
German
+ ...
Clarification Apr 27, 2009

What exactly is in the yellow target line when you open a segment? Nothing? Or the source text?

Because if you see nothing at all in that line, there's something amiss, but if the line has a copy of the source text line in it, that's by design. Somebody (presumably you) still has to translate those lines.

HTH,

Benjamin

P.S.: Did you look at the log that is generated when you pre-translate the file? And did it show any errors? They're easy to miss when they just flash in the status bar sometimes, but you can always see them in the log.

Dexter John David
Local time: 09:22
English to Tagalog
Pre-translation Apr 28, 2009

Clarification

May be the target text was not saved? One major issue in trados, especially using Tageditor, is on how to save the file. In tageditor, maybe you are using "Save bilinggual as" or "Save Target As". Try to configure the said functions and maybe it will do the job.

Warmregards,

Dex

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pre-translation of ttx files

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search