Thread poster: Edward Turner

Edward Turner  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:26
English to German
+ ...
May 4, 2009

Hello

I'm completely new to Tag Editor. I have SDL Trados 2007 running on Windows XP with SP3 and Office 2007.
I am making my first steps with Tag Editor. I received a .SGM file and a configuration file (K3-h-kap.ini). I imported the file and config settings but the document doesn't show the mutated vowels (umlauts) in the text, the ä, ü or ö are replaced by tags which obviously brakes up the sentence to be translated.
Has anybody encountered this before? Could somebody explain where I'm going wrong.

Thanks in advance

Ed

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
The ini file seems to be bad May 4, 2009

Please close your translatable file in Tageditor.
Then go to menu "Tool", chose "Tag settings" and select the "K3-h-kap.ini". Click on "Properties". Now select the tab "Entities". Scroll down to "Added latin 1". Please make sure, that both "Added latin 1 & 2" are selected.
Then save the changes and reopen your translatable file. This should help.

Best regards
Jerzy

Edward Turner  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mutated vowel solution May 4, 2009

Hello Jerzy

Many thanks for the speedy response and perfect solution.
My file now reads perfectly, hopefully I can return the favour.

Ed

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Glad it worked for you May 4, 2009

This is nothing special - just the knowledge, that once in the past during a training a German "ö" was shown as "ouml" and I did not know the answer at once... As you see now I knowicon_biggrin.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mutated vowel (umlauts) in Tag Editor Trados 2007

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search