Trying to package a glossary in Multiterm: "The parameter is incorrect"
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 13:59
Spanish
+ ...
May 5, 2009

Since I recently formatted my computer, I had several termbases backed up but not-yet loaded. I tried to load one of those termbases so I selected 'Load external database' and uploaded the termbase. Then I proceede to delete the original mdb file.

The Termbase is working perfectly, I can see the terms and the Termbase catalog, but when I try to Package/Delete the Termbase, I get an error: The parameter is incorrect. I know I can export the terms as xml but I'd rather fix this problem. I've been trying to find anything in Talisma, ProZ and Google, but I can't see any mention of this error in Multiterm.

Just a few days ago, I started getting a 'java.lang.NullPointerException' error but I fixed that by disabling the next-gen Java plug-in. Now I get this new problem.

I have Multiterm 7.5. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:59
French to Polish
+ ...
Manually... May 5, 2009

Claudia Alvis wrote:

Since I recently formatted my computer, I had several termbases backed up but not-yet loaded. I tried to load one of those termbases so I selected 'Load external database' and uploaded the termbase. Then I proceede to delete the original mdb file.

The Termbase is working perfectly, I can see the terms and the Termbase catalog, but when I try to Package/Delete the Termbase, I get an error: The parameter is incorrect. I know I can export the terms as xml but I'd rather fix this problem. I've been trying to find anything in Talisma, ProZ and Google, but I can't see any mention of this error in Multiterm.

Just a few days ago, I started getting a 'java.lang.NullPointerException' error but I fixed that by disabling the next-gen Java plug-in. Now I get this new problem.

I have Multiterm 7.5. Any suggestions?

In this case, I simply give up, I export as XML and I edit manually the MTMaster.mdb in order to delete the damaged termbase, then I delete the related files manually.
I consider the MT termbases can't be repaired in a human way.

Try to reorganize the termbase first.
And make a backup.

Cheers
GG

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 13:59
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... May 5, 2009

Thank you Grzegorz, your post made me laugh out loud (although it probably wasn't meant to be funny) and I agree with you. Fortunately my databases aren't damaged yet, it's Multiterm that's damaged.

I also deleted MultiTerm7dot.xml but I keep getting the parameter error.

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:59
French to Polish
+ ...
LOL May 5, 2009

Claudia Alvis wrote:

Thank you Grzegorz, your post made me laugh out loud (although it probably wasn't meant to be funny)

In some sense, all you can say about Multiterm 7 is funnyicon_smile.gif

and I agree with you. Fortunately my databases aren't damaged yet, it's Multiterm that's damaged.

No, it's simply functionally disabledicon_smile.gif

I also deleted MultiTerm7dot.xml but I keep getting the parameter error.

It has no impact here.
MultiTerm7dot.xml is used only in Word.

BTW.
You haven't switched to Vistaaaargh?
Your access rights to MTMaster.mdb are sufficient (read/write)?

Cheers
GG

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trying to package a glossary in Multiterm: "The parameter is incorrect"

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search