Thread poster: Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 05:21
Spanish
+ ...
May 5, 2009

Since I recently formatted my computer, I had several termbases backed up but not-yet loaded. I tried to load one of those termbases so I selected 'Load external database' and uploaded the termbase. Then I proceede to delete the original mdb file.

The Termbase is working perfectly, I can see the terms and the Termbase catalog, but when I try to Package/Delete the Termbase, I get an error: The parameter is incorrect. I know I can export the terms as xml but I'd rather fix this proble
... See more
Since I recently formatted my computer, I had several termbases backed up but not-yet loaded. I tried to load one of those termbases so I selected 'Load external database' and uploaded the termbase. Then I proceede to delete the original mdb file.

The Termbase is working perfectly, I can see the terms and the Termbase catalog, but when I try to Package/Delete the Termbase, I get an error: The parameter is incorrect. I know I can export the terms as xml but I'd rather fix this problem. I've been trying to find anything in Talisma, ProZ and Google, but I can't see any mention of this error in Multiterm.

Just a few days ago, I started getting a 'java.lang.NullPointerException' error but I fixed that by disabling the next-gen Java plug-in. Now I get this new problem.

I have Multiterm 7.5. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Collapse

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:21
French to Polish
+ ...
Manually... May 5, 2009

Claudia Alvis wrote:

The Termbase is working perfectly, I can see the terms and the Termbase catalog, but when I try to Package/Delete the Termbase, I get an error: The parameter is incorrect. I know I can export the terms as xml but I'd rather fix this problem. I've been trying to find anything in Talisma, ProZ and Google, but I can't see any mention of this error in Multiterm.

Just a few days ago, I started getting a 'java.lang.NullPointerException' error but I fixed that by disabling the next-gen Java plug-in. Now I get this new problem.

I have Multiterm 7.5. Any suggestions?

In this case, I simply give up, I export as XML and I edit manually the MTMaster.mdb in order to delete the damaged termbase, then I delete the related files manually.
I consider the MT termbases can't be repaired in a human way.

Try to reorganize the termbase first.
And make a backup.

Cheers
GG

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 05:21
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... May 5, 2009

Thank you Grzegorz, your post made me laugh out loud (although it probably wasn't meant to be funny) and I agree with you. Fortunately my databases aren't damaged yet, it's Multiterm that's damaged.

I also deleted MultiTerm7dot.xml but I keep getting the parameter error.

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:21
French to Polish
+ ...
LOL May 5, 2009

Claudia Alvis wrote:

Thank you Grzegorz, your post made me laugh out loud (although it probably wasn't meant to be funny)

In some sense, all you can say about Multiterm 7 is funny

and I agree with you. Fortunately my databases aren't damaged yet, it's Multiterm that's damaged.

No, it's simply functionally disabled

I also deleted MultiTerm7dot.xml but I keep getting the parameter error.

It has no impact here.
MultiTerm7dot.xml is used only in Word.

BTW.
You haven't switched to Vistaaaargh?
Your access rights to MTMaster.mdb are sufficient (read/write)?

Cheers
GG

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trying to package a glossary in Multiterm: "The parameter is incorrect"

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »