Huh? Trados group buy price different from the Proz store (Staff: prices updated)
Thread poster: absciarretta

absciarretta  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 14:16
Member (2008)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
May 6, 2009

I was looking into the finished Group Buy for SDL Trados (http://www.proz.com/tgb/232) and the ad says that even though the Group Buy is finished there are still direct sale available and then lists the direct sale price as $645. But there are no links that work to buy the software from this page.

I then go to the Proz.com store (http://www.proz.com/sdltrados) which lists the price as $895. Naturally, the $645 price tag sounds a lot better to me but how do I go about getting Trados for that price?

Help is GREATLY appreciated!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-05-06 17:00 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 15:16
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Right May 6, 2009

Good morning,

yep the TGB is closed, but the ad clearly says "only a fraction more" with ProZ.com membership included and the "fraction more" is clearly stated, but then at the indicated link the price is different.

I'd contact site staff here at ProZ.com and SDL support as well If a price is stated and there is no "offer valid until", one can think that it's still on

Giuliana

Portugal
Member (2008)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! May 6, 2009

María Florencia Vita
Local time: 10:16
SITE STAFF
Prices have been updated May 6, 2009

Good morning,

I have just updated the prices from the TGB closing instructions- this is something the system shows automatically when a TGB is closed. Sorry for the inconvenience, of course you can buy SDL Trados directly here: http://www.proz.com/sdltrados Now the prices have been updated and are the correct ones.

Sorry about this again and thanks for pointing it out.

Kind regards,
Florencia
ProZ.com

Portugal
Member (2008)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you again May 6, 2009

I just signed up for the upgrade group buy.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Huh? Trados group buy price different from the Proz store (Staff: prices updated)

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search