Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >
Do you want AutoSuggest included in Trados Suite 2009? Here's how to vote
Thread poster: Markus Wahlgren

Markus Wahlgren  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 21:51
English to Swedish
May 6, 2009

In a thread that I started about the new AutoSuggest feature not being included in the Freelance version of the upcoming Trados suite, the link to Idea voting at Trados was buried deep in the threads so I wanted to post it here again:

http://ideas.sdltrados.com/ideas/detail.asp?i=2148

Please go there and vote if you want the new AutoSuggest feature in the freelance version.

AutoSuggest seems to be a brilliant feature, and I applause SDL Trados for inventing it!

But, they have hidden the fact that you need to shell out for the $2,000.00+ Pro version to get that, it is far from obvious when looking at the presentations or sales copy. You need to really read the FAQ to see that.

Why?
This is *not* because my last name is Scrooge, it is not me not able or willing to spend money on a good product or feature, it's not about being a kid screaming to get what he wants in the toystore just to shut up.

What is it about, then?
It is about making a good business decision. AutoSuggest is in my opinion clearly a tool for the end user (i.e. the translator) and it makes sense for it to be included.

It is as if Microsoft would leave out Spell check from all but the Ultimate edition of Word, or just allow internet access for corporate users of Windows.

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
done. May 6, 2009

Vito.

Andreas Kobell  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Yes we can May 6, 2009

Thanks Markus!

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Voted May 6, 2009

icon_smile.gif

weilliam618
Local time: 03:51
Chinese to English
+ ...
It will be great! May 6, 2009

It will be great!

Sweden
English to Swedish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 6, 2009

Thank youicon_smile.gif

weilliam618
Local time: 03:51
Chinese to English
+ ...
I cannot vote. May 6, 2009

Sorry, I cannot vote in that I have not registered there.

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Massive attack... May 6, 2009

Markus Wahlgren wrote:

Thank youicon_smile.gif

Done.

PS.
The more of use vote, the more impact we'll have...

Cheers
GG

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
E-mail notification May 6, 2009

Hi all,

PS.
The more of use vote, the more impact we'll have...

I just hope that not everyone will post a notification here - please remember that each posting triggers an e-mail notification to everyone who's tracking this topic.
icon_smile.gif

Best, Ralf

Jalapeno
English to German
What is it? May 6, 2009

It would help to know what AutoSuggest is and does ...icon_smile.gif

kimjasper  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2006)
English to Danish
+ ...
Go for it May 6, 2009

Thanks Markus for initiating this. I just posted my vote on your thread on the SDL site:

I agree completely. Just like WinAlign can leverage existing documents, the ability to enable AutoSuggest can leverage existing TMs and increase productivity and quality tremendously. We are seeing major product enhancements from several major players in the market, and including the ability to AutoSuggest-enable TMs in the Freelance version can give SDL a significant competitive edge. I am sure that several market players are scrambling to develop similar technologies right now. We may be seeing similar offerings targeted towards freelancers in just a few months. Also, the freelancer must be key in order to sustain success. A growing, loyal and happy freelancer user base will make it so much easier for SDL to expand marketshare in the agency upmarket. This is not about keeping pace. It is about setting the pace. Go for it SDL!

Kim Jasper

[Edited at 2009-05-06 07:00 GMT]

Sweden
English to Swedish
TOPIC STARTER
Ask and you shall receive. May 6, 2009

kimjasper wrote:

Thanks Markus for initiating this. I just posted my vote on your thread on the SDL site:

I agree completely. Just like WinAlign can leverage existing documents, the ability to enable AutoSuggest can leverage existing TMs and increase productivity and quality tremendously. We are seeing major product enhancements from several major players in the market, and including the ability to AutoSuggest-enable TMs in the Freelance version can give SDL a significant competitive edge. I am sure that several market players are scrambling to develop similar technologies right now. We may be seeing similar offerings targeted towards freelancers in just a few months. Also, the freelancer must be key in order to sustain success. A growing, loyal and happy freelancer user base will make it so much easier for SDL to expand marketshare in the agency upmarket. This is not about keeping pace. It is about setting the pace. Go for it SDL!

Kim Jasper

[Edited at 2009-05-06 07:00 GMT]

Thanks, I appreciate it! Grassroot movement in actionicon_smile.gif

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 14:51
Spanish
+ ...
Thank you Markus May 6, 2009

I hope this works.

Carmen Moreton
Spain
French to Spanish
+ ...
Done! May 6, 2009

We need more votes... only 200 points when the most voted idea has more than 600.
I think this feature concerns all SDL Trados users in the ProZ community. Markus, thanks for create an idea about because it's a general interest.icon_smile.gif

Mykhailo Voloshko  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 22:51
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
off-top: preposterous situation May 6, 2009

People are pleading the company to sell them what they want (while the company doesn't want to sell it).

And people are so happy to be heard! Hurray!!!

Something's wrong about it all.

Sorry for off-top. Great efforts are being done, but still it's a preposterous situation.

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do you want AutoSuggest included in Trados Suite 2009? Here's how to vote

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search