Thread poster: Laura Morwood

Laura Morwood  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:25
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
May 6, 2009

I've received a TM in the form of a text document and i don't know how to use it in Workbench. I've only just started using Trados. I can make my own TM but that's useless here. I can set up the project etc. but when i want to choose the TM, the file they have sent me doesn't show up as it's text only. I'm in a panic, please help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:25
English to German
+ ...
Import May 6, 2009

Hi Laura,
There's no reason to panic - you need to import the file provided into a new or existing TM (File - Import).

What you may want to do is to check the documentation available: this is described in Chapter 5 of the Translator's Workbench User Guide.

HTH, Ralf

Laura Morwood  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:25
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a million! May 6, 2009

It worked! Not suprisingly, i assume... I will read more in the user guide, promise. But i may be back with more questions.
Better start this translation.
Thanks again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

text document TM in Trados

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search