Thread poster: quincey

quincey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:09
Swedish to English
+ ...
May 6, 2009

I have been given these instructions by a client:

Open SDL MultiTerm (an application in the SDL Trados suite)

In the menu 'Termbase', click ’Load External Termbase’

How do I 'open MultiTerm' as this application is not present under the Trados 6.5 main menu?

Many thanks for your help.

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 17:09
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
You should download the Multiterm package May 6, 2009

Probably it would be a good idea to upgrade to SDL Trados 2007 or later.
Look if you can download Multiterm with your 5.4 license. If so, download it and install. Have a look at this thread:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/134338-my_first_steps_with_trados_but_how_do_i_open_multiterm_please_help_me.html

Regards
Heinrich

S_Angel  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 16:09
German to Italian
+ ...
Usual location May 6, 2009

You can usually find MultiTerm following this path: Start > Programs > SDL International > SDL MultiTerm.
If you can't find it, you probably never installed it and should download it as Heinrich suggested.

[Modificato alle 2009-05-07 00:00 GMT]

United Kingdom
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still no success May 7, 2009

Sorry if I'm being incredibly stupid, but how do I download and install the MultiTerm file?

Thanks

Daniel Meier  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:09
English to German
+ ...
Account or CD May 7, 2009

stephen mewes wrote:

Sorry if I'm being incredibly stupid, but how do I download and install the MultiTerm file?

Thanks

No, it´s not a stupid question.
MultiTerm has it´s own installation file, so it is installed seperately from Trados.
Did your Trados 6.5 come on a CD, or did you download it from your SDL Trados account?
If on a CD, there should be also an installation file for MultiTerm. If you have a SDL account, login to this account and in the download section download the MultiTerm installation file.
Sorry I can give you no specific links and file names at the moment, but I would have to search for them.

United Kingdom
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Installing MultiTerm May 8, 2009

Thanks, I'll try that and see how it goes!=.

Steve

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems using MultiTerm

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search