Laura Morwood  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:51
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
May 7, 2009

Hi,

Another (probably) simple question: I have translated a file but I need to make some changes. During translation, I can't find a button to go back up the text, i can only go down. I am now in preview mode and it allows me to edit the text.
- Will the changes be reflected in the TM?
- Will the dual language file update as well or just the preview?

I am supposed to hand in an unclean file so i assume this is the dual language file with all the tags in it.

I appreciate your help!

Laura

Ildiko Laskay  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 04:51
Member (2009)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Editing the translation May 7, 2009

Hello Laura,

Yes, there's no button to go backwards. So if you want to change a previous segment, all you have to do is to close the present one if it's open, go to the segment you want to edit, open it, do the changes, then click on set/close. This way the TM will reflect the changes.
Editing in preview mode? That's not the way to do it.
Yes, the unclean file is the bilingual one (.ttx).

Ildikó

[Módosítva: 2009-05-07 11:42 GMT]

Laura Morwood  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:51
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More problems... May 8, 2009

Got to grips with the last problem. Can you help me with this one?

I'm trying to clean up a document from work bench but it won't convert into word document as a 'start tag doesn't have end tag'. What option can I use to locate this missing tag?

Also, i've translated the document in tag editor. When I save it, it is a word document with ttx at the end of it. How can I make it into a ttx file?

Many thanks,

Laura

I've also posted this question as a seperate strand.

mariale125
Local time: 21:51
English to Spanish
Take a look at this thread May 8, 2009

Does this answer you first post?

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/112859-a_macro_to_go_to_the_previous_segment_in_word.html

I haven't tried it myself but all the comments are positives.
Unfortunately I don't have an answer for your second request, but this is a recurrent topic so if you search in the form you will find some hints.

Hope you solve this soon.

Bye.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing in Trados

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search