Thread poster: Marzia Colecchia

Marzia Colecchia  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:10
French to Italian
+ ...
May 8, 2009

Dear colleagues,

I 've recently bought a license for Trados 2007 (freelance suite version), and I have never understood if and how I am allowed to use the same license on a second computer of mine.

My main computer (a notebook) will be sent for technical assistance for approximately 1 week and I would like to use Trados for my current assignments during that time.

Could you suggest how to do it?

Is it a simple software re-downloading and insertion of personal code on the second PC?

Should I ask Trados company for a second license?

Thank you for your support...Marzia

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Using the same activation code May 8, 2009

It worked fine with Trados FL 2006 -- maybe it has changed but it is worth trying. See details here: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/121067-temporary_installation_of_trados_on_2nd_computer.html#994822

Kind regards,
Attila

Marzia Colecchia  Identity Verified
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you May 8, 2009

Dear Attila

Thank you for your post and experience.
I will try to follow all stages described and I will come up with the results!

The only element which bothers me is "Both copies of Trados will work fine as long as the two computers are not connected in a LAN. "

What does this mean?

I don't know what is the meaning of this sentence: my two computers depends from the same modem, one is linked directly and the other one is working on a wireless connection.

Will I have any problem for that?

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
LAN restriction is not a problem in your case May 8, 2009

Marzia Colecchia wrote:
The only element which bothers me is "Both copies of Trados will work fine as long as the two computers are not connected in a LAN. "

What does this mean?

Hi again,

As long as you don't try to use Trados on both computers at the same time, it should be fine. (It is also possible to use Trados simultaneously, but in that case you have to disconnect one of the computers from the LAN.)

Kind regards,
Attila

Liv Fridtjofsen  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Norwegian
+ ...
SDL Trados 2007 Freelance works fine on 2 computers May 8, 2009

It works fine for me. Sure it will work for you also. Good luck!

Liv

Buck
Netherlands
Dutch to English
Trados 2007 May 8, 2009

I have installed it on my desktop and my laptop, and as someone mentioned, it works as long as you don't try to use Trados on the two computers at the same time.

botter
Chinese to German
not at the same time May 8, 2009

In a word, never use 2 Traodses with the same liscence at the same time, if they can SEE(Through internet or a LAN) each other. If they see each other , the one whichi you started first will be blacklisted to a demo mode.

since you have BOUGHT a liscence for yourself only, so you can just install it on as many computer as you like, it would be fine, if they don't see each other.

by the way, i think ONE liscence is allowed to be used on several computers at the same time, or maybe the enterprise version? u better ask the service for more information~

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to use Trados 2007 on a second PC?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search