Thread poster: Helena Cuñado

Helena Cuñado
Germany
Local time: 01:40
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 8, 2009

Hello to everyone!

I need help with my trados. I have just finished the translation but I can't clean up the document because the programme says that one translation unit is open, but it is not! How can I solve this problem? I used the close translation unit button but it didn't work, and in the help included in the programme I can find no answer. I hope not to have to translate the whole document again, that would be killer! Thank you very much in advance and have a nice weekend.

Direct link Reply with quote

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:40
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
It won't be the last time this happens to you. May 8, 2009

I would first select Fix Document from the TRADOS menu. If that does not work I would save the document, close TWB, open TWB, reorganize the memory, open the document. It has worked for me many times. It won't be the last time this happens to you.

Anyway, you would not have to translate the document again because every segment is in the TM. If all fails you could use the pretranslate function and it will get translated. I hope you worked with a copy of your original document.

I am sure other colleagues may have better alternatives so while you give them a chance to answer, you can search the TRADOS forum because this has been discussed numerous times.

Helena Cuñado
Germany
Local time: 01:40
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks so much! May 8, 2009

It did work, thank you very much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems to clean up a document with trados

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search