Trados 6.5 Compatibility with Vista
Thread poster: Julie Harper

Julie Harper
Spain
Local time: 01:51
French to English
May 10, 2009

Hello all,

I'm about to purchase a new laptop with Windows Vista but I have Trados 6.5 and read on an earlier forum from 2007 that 6.5 doesn't run with Vista.

Does anyone know if this is still the case and if so, does anyone have any advice as to getting my Trados software working on a new laptop? i.e. Would it be a better idea to buy a laptop with a downgrade disk for Windows XP?

Alternatively, does anyone know if there is any way of getting an upgrade from 6.5 with SDL to a newer Trados version that works OK with Vista? I hear that SDL have stopped offering upgrades from 6.5 now but just wanted to check this for sure...I'd rather avoid having to pay full whack for a newer version of Trados if at all possibleicon_smile.gif

Best, Julie

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 01:51
English to Czech
+ ...
Versions May 10, 2009

Hi Julie,
AFAIK, Trados 6.5 doesn't run on Vista. This is already an ancient version developed long before Vista was even known as "Longhorn".
However, I would check the FAQ section for licensing and upgrade details. Or I would perhaps write to SDL for more information. Upgrading your Trados to the current version (2007 Suite; build 863) seems to be only logical...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.5 Compatibility with Vista

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search