Thread poster: Lenka Zamisova

Lenka Zamisova  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:10
Member (2006)
Spanish to Czech
+ ...
May 10, 2009

Trados SDL 2007 - After translating a 60 pages Doc document withaut any problems I can´t clean it up. Could you help me, please?

Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Use the Word macro May 10, 2009

Save a copy of your billingual document for security and another copy of it in rtf-format just for updating your TM.
Open the original billingual file in Word.
Press ALT+F8. Put "TW" in the macro name field. From the now appearing list select the "TW4winclean.main" and let it run. DO NOT put any other letters in the macro name field now, as it will probably change the name of this macro.
Your document should now be cleaned fully. Only if it contains text fields you will need to click each of them separately and let this macro then run again.

Take the rtf file now and use the Cleanup function in the Workbench to actualise your translation memory. The clean rtf file may even be deleted, you do not need it anymore.

Please also note, that cleaning with this macro is nearly always the better solution - cleanup in Word with original file and actualisation of translation memory with an rtf copy of uncleaned file. NOTE: THIS MACRO DOES NOT UPDATE TM!

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
Can´t process RTF Format May 10, 2009

I agree with engineer Jerzy's answer. However, if it neither works, you can try following procedure:

a) Make a backup of your Trados bilingual file.

b) Open your bilingual file, select all the text, and copy it to another new blank word file (some rogue codes will be lost with this copying procedure)and save it with a new name.

c) Close the file

d) Install wordfast, deactivate the trados template and use the wordfast option Cleaning without memory actualisation with the renamed file. This will clean up probably the most part of your document, even it has some errors in it.

e) Once done, deactivate the wordfast template and reactivate the Trados template.

f) Navigate trough the document, from the first to the last line, to actualise your trados memory (for each line you can get from tethe text from thememory or actualise the memory form the text).

I know, its a quite boring and long procedure, but it usually worked for me...

Lenka Zamisova  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2006)
Spanish to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much for your help. May 10, 2009

Thanks to your comments and recommendations I was able to resolve my problem.

With kind regards,

Lenka Zamisova

spencer  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 16:10
English to Romanian
+ ...
Thank you May 12, 2009

Your solution works like a charm and saved me a lot of time and grief.
Thanks again

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

35257504 Can´t process RTF Format

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search